Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the Away Attendance

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
OP is right - anyone clapping MK Dons fans doesn't get what being a football supporter is about.
anyone clapping away fans full stop doesnt '' get what being a football supporter is about''.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Doubt any Palace fans would have got a hearty clap back in '74.

v CP 1974.JPG

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
The Woman sat next to me claps the away fans like she's celebrating a goal, she can't get enough. Don't understand it myself.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Moan moan. If supporters put as much effort into supporting the team instead of moaning about this, plus spontaneous applause at the remembrance today, the fecking quality of the pies, the choice of pies, the travel chaos etc, then we would be awesome.
Now 664 opposition fans came down in the pissing rain ( when many of our local fans did not make it.) to support their side, much the same as we give credit for our supporters that travel to away to fixtures. Travel and the state of the service/amenities at some of these away grounds is not a patch on the Amex, but we soak it up and go with the flow.
We won, we get home eventually, all is well, a few claps for the Wimbledon opposition fans is just recognition for those that travel to support their team as we do.

portway

Mar 31, 2009
Winkelman not Winkleman. For Pete's sake get it right please as the man is an MK legend:wave:

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Personally I can't see the problem with showing a modicum of respect to any away supporter who has spent their hard earnt cash following their team.

Don't come on here showing a level of maturity, it won't be appreciated.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The MK Dons fans "giving it large" at the station post-loss were weirdly artificial. Reminded me of those pylons off the motorway that were made to look like real trees. Just slightly off. Too perfect in their gesticulations. "Is that your fire drill?" Hmm. Not watching the platform, are we? The one at the front was actually twirling a scarf. Did Winkleman plant them? I imagine them being put back in a box under a theatre each week, to be trained in acting like they supported a football team for longer than ten years, by a director unaware of the nuances.

Yeah that bunch were very weird, they were trying way too hard to prove what hardcore support MK Donuts has. Unfortunately I ended up in the same carriage as them and it came very close to punches being thrown by some pissed off Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here