Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sign a Striker...

Will we sign a Striker...

• On Loan soon

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • In January

Votes: 114 77.0%
  • Neither, play with the cards we've been dealt.

Votes: 20 13.5%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All of our speculation on here is bollox really. We'll sign someone (very good, and blowing our transfer record out of the water) none of us have mentioned in January - this is how the club has been doing it's business. I don't think for a single minute that CH hasn't recognised the need and identified his potential targets already, and that TB will be backing him. Along with the current recruitment team he's shown they can be trusted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All of our speculation on here is bollox really. We'll sign someone (very good, and blowing our transfer record out of the water) none of us have mentioned in January - this is how the club has been doing it's business. I don't think for a single minute that CH hasn't recognised the need and identified his potential targets already, and that TB will be backing him. Along with the current recruitment team he's shown they can be trusted.

That is of course correct as nobody we have signed has been the subject of speculation either here or in the press; so where does that put the speculation on Calleri. It is however great fun for all to speculate and air their views.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still think a quality prem loan is the way to go this time around.

We dont need to be throwing a huge chunk of money around in January.

Leon Best

GET HIM IN

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
A few years back the signing of Jason Roberts in January had a massive impact on Reading's promotion, and I remember the Albion saying at the time how crucial a role he played. The fact that they noted it then, they'll be aware of how significant an impact a marquee signing can have in that January window. I fully expect us to sign a goalscorer in the window. Until then I'd be happy for us to keep doing what we're doing, the foundations for the promotion push have been laid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is of course correct as nobody we have signed has been the subject of speculation either here or in the press; so where does that put the speculation on Calleri. It is however great fun for all to speculate and air their views.

Calleri situation is different - there appear to be 'official' sources confirming our interest.....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would like to think that we won't dally long over getting another striker in.

We can't rely on Bobby's fitness; it's inevitable that he won't be available every match, let alone do the full 90 minutes (if, for example, Hemed gets crocked).

For whatever reason, Hughton appears not to fancy Colunga.

Baldock quite clearly is not a goalscorer at Championship level. Like CMS before him, he runs around a lot, but his goals to games ratio, bearing in mind that he is playing alongside an international centre forward and usually with two wingers, is worse than CMS' and significantly inferior to Ashley Barnes. (Both of whom would have been given dog's abuse on these forums for missing the chances that Baldock has missed!!)

Elvis? Well who knows! Based on what I saw at Wolves he probably isn't a goal-scoring centre forward.

We really are short of quality in depth up front as our recent goal tally confirms and I'd rather we got somebody in now rather than run the risk of waiting until January.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony would be a nut-job not to invest in Jan, assuming we are there or thereabouts...

Feb 14, 2010
I think we will. Let's hope the person who makes the decision is not the same person who thought CMS was a better goal scorer than Glen Murray. Only at Brighton.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we will. Let's hope the person who makes the decision is not the same person who thought CMS was a better goal scorer than Glen Murray. Only at Brighton.
Don't worry, that person is about to sign as manager for AEK Athens.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I see Barnet have a striker called Michael Gash (scored today).

I wish we could sign him, if only to read [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]'s NSC contributions every time he plays.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Given the amount of effort we have put into the Calleri deal I'd be stunned if we weren't planning to buy someone this window. We may not get Calleri but I doubt he is the only player on our shopping list.

Would welcome a Leo loan with open arms as it would not be the usual mercenary type signing, but we look like we mean business off the pitch this season so expect a signing.

All of that made good sense...:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here