Outstanding article from Paul Haywood as he fights cancer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere on here but I just read this article from fellow BHA fan Paul Haywood of the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-Carter-gave-me-hope-in-fighting-cancer.html

As usual from him it is an outstanding and thought provoking article. Get well soon Paul.

Hayward.

Brilliant article from a superb sports writer. His forward to 'Build a Bonfire' brings a tear to the eye even before you delve into the actual book.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Can't bring myself to read it. A good friend of mine was recently diagnosed with leukaemia and her diagnosis brought me to tears in my quiet moments. I'm not good at dealing with this sh*t

None of us are but some of us have it thrust upon us without warning. One day you are fine, next you discover that you have a life threatening illness. Take a deep breath and read it. It will help. Your friend needs support. Little things help. A quiet word of encouragement, an article or book or piece of music or moment of sporting excellence.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The article the blog from [MENTION=19156]warmleyseagull[/MENTION] son both equally powerful and moving.
[MENTION=19156]warmleyseagull[/MENTION] - I hope your son is drawing strength from having the right type of scientific analytical brain to question and decipher whats going on. I found my scientiic training a great source of comfort in dissociating the facts from the anguish and pain.

Having lost my mum so prematurely to Lymphoma 15 years ago I have huge respect for anyone who is fighting this bitter twisted disease.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports