Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to join Buckley at Champions of Europe

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be 100% honest I would love to swap places with them right now.

Big singing on fees, a decent wedge each week. Yeah life must be tough for them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bloody Hell. Bridcutt and Buckley must look back on their "promotion" to the EPL with sad eyes.
I'm not so sure, they got a nice cheque for it. Buckley would have been an excellent PL player, but he's not recovered from his numerous injuries. At least he's got himself some money while he could.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very true, both are good Championship players and would get in most teams including ours.
Buckley wouldn't, he's not fit enough. And I'm not sure Bridcutt would replace either Stephens or Kayal either.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Buckley wouldn't, he's not fit enough. And I'm not sure Bridcutt would replace either Stephens or Kayal either.

I would have stephens and Kayal over Bridcutt every day (in current uncertain form - given he's not played much) If all at peak of ability i still would probably not replace them TBH although it would be close. I would find space for an in form and fit Buckley, but he's not been that for several years....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With Bridcutt in front of the back four shielding them and Kayal and Stephens pushing forward we would have the best midfield outside of the Premier. With Buckley wide right and Murphy on the left with Lua Lua and March as back up we would be near certanties for automatic promotion well as near as can be. Not sure where all this doubt about Buckley and his fitness of late comes from.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I am tempted to think that CH would get better performances out of both players, both on the fringe of the first XI. Rohan Ince has better physical attributes than Bridcutt who I never expected to cut it a higher level (Sunderland opponents not Sunderland themsleves). Buckley had the pace* and technique (and probably still has) but did not get involved in the game. (*faster than Baldock and Murphy). Still don't like the idea of Buckley playing for Leeds. I think he touched the ball a mere 12 times in 20 minutes (pathetic) but got Bruno and Bong booked in that time.

This season CH has got the better out of Lualua so Buckley would play second fiddle, but would provide competition for the place.

Last edited:

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Buckley is not the same player anymore, he had one good game in his last season with us. His hamstrings are gone and he's nothing without his pace. As for Bridcutt, be interesting to see how he fits into a system without Gus! Doubt he's up too much apart from breaking up opposition attacks. We did well to get £5 million for them both.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was a rich Arab I would buy Leeds and make Gus manager and give him the players he wants to get to the premier which I think he would do this season or next, despite not getting us there.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
With Bridcutt in front of the back four shielding them and Kayal and Stephens pushing forward we would have the best midfield outside of the Premier. With Buckley wide right and Murphy on the left with Lua Lua and March as back up we would be near certanties for automatic promotion well as near as can be. Not sure where all this doubt about Buckley and his fitness of late comes from.

Then what, 1 up front? A complete change of the formation that's been working all season?

the doubt of Buckley's fitness, don't you remember the 3 years or him pulling his hamstring ever 6 weeks?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Still need a striker to be anything like 'certainties', and I'm not sure what formation you are proposing ?442 for the most part is serving us quite well so far.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley is not the same player anymore, he had one good game in his last season with us. His hamstrings are gone and he's nothing without his pace. As for Bridcutt, be interesting to see how he fits into a system without Gus! Doubt he's up too much apart from breaking up opposition attacks. We did well to get £5 million for them both.

I think the trick of signing players for the Albion (unlike Chelsea and Poyet) is to buy/sign youngish players that have good potential and were once good and are off form, missing games through injury (if it is something minor like hamstrings) and try and get them to get their old form back. And players that could be good enough to hack in the PL.

The latter excludes Bridcutt but Leeds are fighting a real possibility of relegation so Bridcutt looks a good signing for them.

Buying proven goalscorers is out of our budget.

PS: I think we need a genuine speed merchant.

PS2: Bridcutt or Holla ? (open question) Or someone else?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If all at peak of ability i still would probably not replace them TBH although it would be close.
At peak ability I imagine Kayal would easily be the best.
I would find space for an in form and fit Buckley, but he's not been that for several years....
Quite. Buckley was fantastic before his injuries and would probably be our best player.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Buckley was one of the best players we've ever had. He left a nasty taste when he had his head turned by Gus and decided to feck us over but he was (and is) a quality player. I hope he can get back into some sort of form but I doubt that Doughboy Evans will wring a season out of him. Bridcutt was a great player too but was never convinced he was ready for the PL...I was right. Great signing for the champions of Europe.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still need a striker to be anything like 'certainties', and I'm not sure what formation you are proposing ?442 for the most part is serving us quite well so far.

Normal back 5 then
Kayal Bridcutt Stephen with either Buckley or Murphy wide
Hemed/Baldock and either Buckley or Murphy
So basicaly 1-4-1-3-2 with the flexibility to make it standard 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 but it is all hypothetical because neither are with us now

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Normal back 5 then
Kayal Bridcutt Stephen with either Buckley or Murphy wide
Hemed/Baldock and either Buckley or Murphy
So basicaly 1-4-1-3-2 with the flexibility to make it standard 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 but it is all hypothetical because neither are with us now

Thank goodness. One winger and three central midfielders........to make it a standard 442 as you indicate would mean taking one of the.......ah, sod it I can't be bothered. Maybe send an email to CH with your suggestions [emoji3]

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Buckley was one of the best players we've ever had. He left a nasty taste when he had his head turned by Gus and decided to feck us over but he was (and is) a quality player. I hope he can get back into some sort of form but I doubt that Doughboy Evans will wring a season out of him. Bridcutt was a great player too but was never convinced he was ready for the PL...I was right. Great signing for the champions of Europe.
Don't be silly...he had one good season and after that he was crocked non stop....He had far more poor games than good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here