Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never though I'd say this, but I think we have the depth of squad to cover for this and I'm glad it's Rotherham, 2 - 0.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
5 cards after 6 games says something about the discipline taught in training and should be addressed.
It could cost us heavily in the end of season run in.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Rather the game Lua Lua misses is a home one against Rotherham, than him missing the away against Wolves. Molineux isn't an easy place to go to.
I know what you're saying but in the last 12 games at Molineux we have won 6, drawn 4 and lost 2, so it's one of our happier hunting grounds [emoji1]

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Never though I'd say this, but I think we have the depth of squad to cover for this and I'm glad it's Rotherham, 2 - 0.

Personally I don't think we have anywhere near enough cover in central midfield. If kayal got injured then I personally think we are very light in there in respect of creativity.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Personally I don't think we have anywhere near enough cover in central midfield. If kayal got injured then I personally think we are very light in there in respect of creativity.

Lau Lau is only out for one game, but in another 6 he could be out for 2.
That would be a concern.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The deadline for 10 bookings (in the Football League) is the second Sunday in March.

In Lua Lua's case, the debate about the deadline for a two match ban being February or March is irrelevant, shirley? Around the end of November more likely.
How long a ban for 15, anybody know?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In Lua Lua's case, the debate about the deadline for a two match ban being February or March is irrelevant, shirley? Around the end of November more likely.

3 matches. It would help if he kept his mouth shut as two of the five cards he's received have been for dissent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
3 matches. It would help if he kept his mouth shut as two of the five cards he's received have been for dissent.
Fair enough - if he can button his lip I'll revise my end of November prediction and predict instead that he'll have a nice Christmas at home with his family!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
His number of yellow cards is indicative of the fact that he is well up for it and putting everything in, rather than coasting through. Let us hope this continues. OK he misses a game or two but that is the way of things these days. It will give others a chance and help keep a happy squad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

My post wasn't part of a debate; it was a correction.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I reckon Elvis will be the little lightning bolt we need to put a bit more speed into the side

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting that in the post match interview, Hughton said Lua Lua was being asked to do a lot more defensive work and as part of that came his need to tackle, which wasn't the strongest part of his game ( or words to that effect). It seemed supportive of Lua Lua which seemed sensible considering his performances so far.
It will be interesting to see how Murphy does. I would have thought that he will be well up to impress in this game as if he doesn't, he's straight back to the bench.
My guess is that March will be on the bench as I think that Elvis may still be a couple of weeks away from being ready. Hughton seems to like to give players time to get used to their surroundings and team responsibilities before getting game time and we aren't in a position where we need to rush anyone into the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here