Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can’t wait to see how this fridge thing unfolds. Glorious.

Anyway, patrons of this thread may (or may not) recall that I work with a bloke who has a CCTV camera set up in his living room which provides him with a LIVE feed, direct to his phone, of his two dogs as they spend their day sleeping on the settee and generally loafing around doing what dogs do. Better there than in the office I suppose, but I could quite happily live without the intermittent updates from him about his mutts movements.

Anyway, he’s ALWAYS ordering stuff off Amazon, then dutifully reporting to me whats next for delivery. The latest thing he’s excited about (I’m not exaggerating, it IS genuine excitement) is this.

41PEUIYkDGL._AA115_.jpg

Yup. He’s bought a multicoloured LED lightbulb, with remote control, which he has now fixed up in his lounge. The conversation this very morning went thus:

Him: “I played with my lightbulb last night, its brilliant. You can set it to any colour, you can make it brighter or dimmer, you can have it cycling through the colours, or flashing even. I set it to orange last night, it was just like a sunset. So cool”.
Me: “The evenings must just fly by in your house”.

Oh, and the next thing…One of his dogs is jet black, so he has difficulty spotting it when he takes it for a walk in the woods at night. The solution ? He’s browsing thermo-tracker head mounted NIGHT-GOGGLES (but not “toy ones” – he wants proper military grade ones). I pointed out that walking around in the woods in the dead of night wearing military grade thermo-tracking night vision equipment was possible broaching into serial killer territory, but he was unperturbed. He’s going to do it. He is ACTUALLY going to do it.

I can't decide if this is genuine bellcheesery, or just deeply ODD.

[edit]: He is in his 50's.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Anyway, patrons of this thread may (or may not) recall that I work with a bloke who has a CCTV camera set up in his living room which provides him with a LIVE feed, direct to his phone, of his two dogs as they spend their day sleeping on the settee and generally loafing around doing what dogs do. Better there than in the office I suppose, but I could quite happily live without the intermittent updates from him about his mutts movements.

Anyway, he’s ALWAYS ordering stuff off Amazon, then dutifully reporting to me whats next for delivery. The latest thing he’s excited about (I’m not exaggerating, it IS genuine excitement) is this.

41PEUIYkDGL._AA115_.jpg

Yup. He’s bought a multicoloured LED lightbulb, with remote control, which he has now fixed up in his lounge. The conversation this very morning went thus:

Him: “I played with my lightbulb last night, its brilliant. You can set it to any colour, you can make it brighter or dimmer, you can have it cycling through the colours, or flashing even. I set it to orange last night, it was just like a sunset. So cool”.

Oh, and the next thing…One of his dogs is jet black, so he has difficulty spotting it when he takes it for a walk in the woods at night. The solution ? He’s browsing thermo-tracker head mounted NIGHT-GOGGLES (but not “toy ones” – he wants proper military grade ones). I pointed out that walking around in the woods in the dead of night wearing military grade thermo-tracking night vision equipment was possible broaching into serial killer territory, but he was unperturbed. He’s going to do it. He is ACTUALLY going to do it.

Would it not be easier to get his dog a coat that is any colour other than black?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

41PEUIYkDGL._AA115_.jpg

Tell him to fit the led lightbulb to the back of the dog, then he can spot him in the dark, by pressing the DISCO button on his remote. Obviously there will need to be some kind of harness / doggy backpack thing housing a battery pack, etc. I'm sure he'll find that on Amazon though, no problem.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh. Boy.

We've got a new starter today in our office, and within 58 minutes he's already caused a STIR. And the reason?

He's brought in his own MINI FRIDGE to house his lunch, and has plugged it in next to his desk. I'm not yet sure if this has strayed into bell cheese territory, or whether it's just plain odd.

New starter on a Friday? I find that odder than the mini fridge but that's because there's at least five of the buggers in this office already, along with three nespresso machines. All at peoples desks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
New starter on a Friday? I find that odder than the mini fridge but that's because there's at least five of the buggers in this office already, along with three nespresso machines. All at peoples desks.

Mental.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

He's been with the company since Monday, but he's been through a thrilling induction in different parts of the business for four days. Lucky him.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm actually crying with laughter at some of this - absolutely wonderful.
My office was just like that - fridges, non adjustable adjustable chairs, grazing personnel. The whole thing.
I haven't read through the entire thread but has anybody yet suggested introducing "Pacesetter" in this office - white boards with targets and all that sort of rubbish. Would go down a storm
And the union meetings - don't forget the union meetings

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

41PEUIYkDGL._AA115_.jpg

I do believe this thread has entered a Golden Age

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_age_(metaphor)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

"someone" (my boss, specifically) involved in the design of the new offices in 2009 didn't think we needed a particularly large kitchen or any staff room. So there's a lot of desk eating and that results in lazy *******s on the fridge side. My desk is furthest away from it of anyone here and I can make it there in about 15 seconds.

There was a pretty nice bean to cup coffee machine but someone managed to fill the bean section with water when both tanks were empty and it hasn't been repaired, leading to the nespressos.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm beginning to feel that my office is decidedly normal with just the two communal fridges, a weird smelling microwave and a permanently broken hot water machine.

Pretty sure that if anyone took the mind-boggling risk of bringing in even a kettle they'd have to go through several safety courses, from a outside provider at an obscene cost, before they get close to actually having a coffee.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
FFS [MENTION=5238]Brian Fantana[/MENTION] what's in the Fridge? This isn't Strictly come dancing suspense, it's X factor.

At our place. The SHITTERS are all blocked (wasn't me). As I've been for a lunchtime pint and haven't had my daily dose of 5 minutes on World of Tanks, this has ruined my Friday.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset

I have a Nespresso machine on my desk. And it HASN'T been PAT tested either.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

41PEUIYkDGL._AA115_.jpg

This guys just sounds like he's lonely and in need of a decent hobbie :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here