Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Does the premiership survival of Sunderland provide more coffers for the transfer market?
I thought it did from the Buckley deal. Doubt many would have thought Leicester and Sunderland would stay up a month ago. Only any good if we don't squander it again!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Previous Targets
Jamie Ward - deal done Forest
Mark Waddington - deal done Stoke
Jed Wallace - Fulham/ Wolves
Strongly suspect Jamie Ward wanted to stay in the Derby / Sheffield / Nottingham area.

Maybe we weren't really that interested in the other 2 ???

Can't meltdown about any of them to be honest.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Let's just get player recruitment right this season!

selection.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any more potential targets that will sign for other teams?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ben Pringle has turned down the contract offer from Rotherham and left on a free. He's exactly the kind of player we should be looking to sign.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
The Argus say we get an extra 2 million for Leo and Buckley for staying in the prem. if you add that to the actual money we got for the players in the first place you would hope there is a War chest ready to raid...................but Barber has the Key.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasn't meant to be. We were interested in Garvan before and we all know how great Dobbie is!!!

Also looks like they are letting Peter Rammage, Lewis Price and Jerome Thomas go as well. Maybe Rammage could be a punt?

Garvan had his chance to join and blew it. Isn't he a bit slow for Hughton anyway ?

Didn't Rammage play for Barnsley in their relegation year ? I think we've had enough players from that relegated team - COG, McCourt, no more please.

Toongull

Jul 25, 2008
Hadrian's Wall
Garvan had his chance to join and blew it. Isn't he a bit slow for Hughton anyway ?

Didn't Rammage play for Barnsley in their relegation year ? I think we've had enough players from that relegated team - COG, McCourt, no more please.

He did, on loan from Palace. He has played under Hughton before whilst on loan at Birmingham City in 2012.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I keep mentioning it because I find it very hard to believe as well but it is apparently a fact backed up by the hierarchy at the club. I'll let it go now though.

If the likes of COG are on £15k a week then it's not difficult to see that the money has been spent poorly, but it has been spent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another club busting the myth that players can't be signed before July 1st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here