Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dumb cheap shot. The fiercest intellect of 20th century british politics. Idiocy to bring him in to it. Anyone who laps that nonsense up is a worry yes.

Cheap shot? Maybe, but apart from Thanet Tina's contribution, If you ask anybody about the QT with Brand and Farage in a couple of months, what do you think will be the one thing they remember?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The joke is that the whole hour was obviously about complaints about our country, people are not happy, plenty of pops at Farage and yet UKIP are not the ones in power, never have been.........just Labour and Tories in my lifetime.
The stupid woman with the blue rinse was having a pop at a person that is not/has never been in power......stupid bint.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Russell Brand is still a complete ****. I thought the journalist spoke a lot of sense. My wife went to a grammar school she got 9 GCSE's at C and above I went to a bog standard comp and got sweet FA. I still got the girl though :rolleyes:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No I am not surprised. If you think that throwaway remark was in some way insightful or clever then you crack on. It was silly frivolous and cheap. If you think daft Russell brand sound bites are the last word in political sophistication then good luck.

Perhaps u r making more of it than me ..it was one bite...one comment ...i wouldn't take it that seriously..its not as though he is standing for election.........yet

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Russell Brand is still a complete ****. I thought the journalist spoke a lot of sense. My wife went to a grammar school she got 9 GCSE's at C and above I went to a bog standard comp and got sweet FA.

Everyone has there own story to tell..if you listened to one member of the audience they had a bad experience at a Grammar School...went to a Secondary modern (i think) excelled and now is very successful

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Player ratings:

Sunday Times woman 9: smart lady; not being a politician she could say what she wanted. MOM
Farage 8: did himself no harm whatsoever; made some very good points; will gain votes for UKIP as a result.
Conservative woman 4: typical politician; ignored most of the questions in order to score party political points.
Labour woman 3: see above, but worse.
Brand 1: tool; idiot; should be nowhere near the first team.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Russell Brand is still a complete ****. I thought the journalist spoke a lot of sense. My wife went to a grammar school she got 9 GCSE's at C and above I went to a bog standard comp and got sweet FA. I still got the girl though :rolleyes:

Made me laugh when Brand said he'd had a good education at the Comprehensive, obviously English language and diction was not taught there.
He's made his 15m on lurid jokes, not for his intelligence. Fair play to him i suppose, great appeal to the Jeremy Kyle guests.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Player ratings:

Sunday Times woman 9: smart lady; not being a politician she could say what she wanted. MOM
Farage 8: did himself no harm whatsoever; made some very good points; will gain votes for UKIP as a result.
Conservative woman 4: typical politician; ignored most of the questions in order to score party political points.

Ha ha now there is a shock!

No way did Farage out score either female MP's. Not unless you unequivocally worship the ground he walks on without needing any substance with his empty soundbite promises.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Player ratings:

in that order

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Player ratings:

you missed the loony shouty woman who is probably now at the vets receiving treatment

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Cheap shot? Maybe, but apart from Thanet Tina's contribution, If you ask anybody about the QT with Brand and Farage in a couple of months, what do you think will be the one thing they remember?

Hopefully they will remember that dimbleby has frittered away his credibility and reithian values have been sacrificed at the altar of dumb Britain. A disgraceful spectacle tonight, total embarrassment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Made me laugh when Brand said he'd had a good education at the Comprehensive, obviously English language and diction was not taught there.
He's made his 15m on lurid jokes, not for his intelligence. Fair play to him i suppose, great appeal to the Jeremy Kyle guests.

Lol i was thinking the same

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Lol i was thinking the same

He left his comp and was sent to a special school and then stage school. Lol lol lol etc. brand is a very damaged man who I ironically have some time for but he certainly didn't have a standard state school education.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Player ratings:

Fair assessment.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Good show tonight, both Brand and Farage were somewhat evasive but I think Brand just edged that personal tussle. Conservative got completely nailed by that audience member over her pay rise and was pretty turgid throughout prior to that, the Labour lady did good but it was the journalist who came out the real winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here