Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Hereford!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Such short memories people have .... i'm staggered reading this thread!

I'd have thought 17 years was quite a long memory to be honest. And as someone who was there that day - I would never
help Hereford after their behaviour then and since. Ever. .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In my view this petition is less about helping Hereford as a club and more about trying to prevent individuals from gaining control of football clubs for the sole purpose of asset stripping.

Considering our history I would have thought this was something that anyone connected to our club would want to sign.

Signed.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Some very bitter people on here. Seventeen years is a long time. All their junior supporters (under 18's) have been born post the match in question. Why not help them?

Yep some who fought hard to save this club, will still have the memory like me of their chairman going on national TV just before the last game claiming, we should be expelled from the league. He wasn't calling for us to be expelled when they were half way up the league two months prior. Horrible little man and I can still see his face today.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep some who fought hard to save this club, will still have the memory like me of their chairman going on national TV just before the last game claiming, we should be expelled from the league. He wasn't calling for us to be expelled when they were half way up the league two months prior. Horrible little man and I can still see his face today.
I remember that very well and will not be doing anything to help. It has nothing to do with having a short memory, etc., etc., and everything to do with their chairman calling for us to be expelled from the league knowing that it would probably finish the job Archer and Stanley started. We were about to embark on 2 years playing in Gillingham and they didn't give a damn so I don't now - sorry.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember that very well and will not be doing anything to help. It has nothing to do with having a short memory, etc., etc., and everything to do with their chairman calling for us to be expelled from the league knowing that it would probably finish the job Archer and Stanley started. We were about to embark on 2 years playing in Gillingham and they didn't give a damn so I don't now - sorry.

Sorry, ignore the thumbs down [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] - I pressed the wrong button, I meant thumbs up!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I'd have thought 17 years was quite a long memory to be honest. And as someone who was there that day - I would never
help Hereford after their behaviour then and since. Ever. .

Which really makes us no better than them then doesn't it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There's a time to forgive and forget, and perhaps it's been long enough.

However, if their fans still visit abuse and violence on ours then perhaps it will take another 17 years.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Which really makes us no better than them then doesn't it?

Well with all respect - what a load of absolute b*****. We weren't the ones on the rampage
scaring the shit out of old fans (my Dad included) that day, so your argument falls completely apart.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
In my view this petition is less about helping Hereford as a club and more about trying to prevent individuals from gaining control of football clubs for the sole purpose of asset stripping.

Considering our history I would have thought this was something that anyone connected to our club would want to sign.

Signed.

Agree so signed.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Well with all respect - what a load of absolute b*****. We weren't the ones on the rampage
scaring the shit out of old fans (my Dad included) that day, so your argument falls completely apart.

Oh and our club is squeeky clean is it? I didn't hear many other clubs saying they weren't going to support us on Fans United day because we have a few thugs among our ranks, every club has got them, Hereford are no different.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Oh and our club is squeeky clean is it? I didn't hear many other clubs saying they weren't going to support us on Fans United day because we have a few thugs among our ranks, every club has got them, Hereford are no different.

Maybe if we'd have had the ability to run forums like this back then - we'd have found
out then **exactly** how popular we were. We didn't though, did we?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I don't get that argument - David Keyte is their chairman now but only took up the position in 2010.

You surely wouldn't blame Tony Bloom for some of the actions of Bill Archer!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, after careful consideration, I've signed. Seems like they're now suffering dodgy owner problems just like we did with A****r et al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here