Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent lost property - today at nottingham

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Right, i'll be brief. Somewhere between having my ticket checked on a First Hull Train between Kings Cross and Grantham, and the end of my walk from the City Ground to Nottingham Station I dropped a leather folding warrant badge for a Revenue Protection Inspector.

Inside is my bank card, drivers licence, Penalty Fare Licence, Door Pass, FCC Travel Pass, and a red paper "PRIV" card. If ANYONE knows ANYTHING about the whereabouts of this please let me know - it'll cost me £235 to replace everything in there.

No no no. £235 is the STANDARD fair, I'm charging you a penalty fair and I don't CARE that you bought one and lost it. That's YOUR problem not MINE.

( :tosser: )

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It might have been best not to mention your vocation when asking for help.

Unfortunately, the item in question has my vocation written all over it so either way, its going to be out there. I thought i'd attempt to find it at least on here but I know that the likelihood is very very slim. I'm not a popular man when i'm at work.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
No no no. £235 is the STANDARD fair, I'm charging you a penalty fair and I don't CARE that you bought one and lost it. That's YOUR problem not MINE.

( :tosser: )

Is that a no to you having seen it at all then?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not sure I quite understand the animosity towards 'revenue protectors'. I've had some twerps in the past, but generally I have no problem with showing my ticket to them.

No one likes giving us money for one of three reasons.

Firstly and most obviously they are fare evaders. We are the people who attempt to stop them getting away with free/cheaper travel.

Secondly those who have genuine reasons may not be able to avoid a penalty fare due to the above group in the first place - we only see you on a small part of your journey and don't have long to make a decision as to if some one is lying to us. And often those who are lying use the exact same reasons that some one genuine has used.

Thirdly, we might need to charge a penalty fare if for example you were willing to buy a ticket but didn't and we either could have walked away from your journey without paying (at smaller stations) or if you could have come from much further than you've told us and didn't take the opportunity to verify this. The 99% might be genuine and have good reason to not have a ticket but you'd be surprised at how many people got on the train at "the station we've just left".

I know i'm not going to be popular and the profession does (as you've said) result in a lot of RPI's being tarred with the same brush but I know I try to be fair.

This isn't about my job though, I've lost something and i'm trying to get it back.

I lost a wallet in the old North stand over celebrating. Not only did some kind soul hand in my wallet, they left the season ticket stubs and the fiver that was in it, either of which I expected to be "taxed" as part of the deal for returning the cards! Thanks whoever you are.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I lost a wallet in the old North stand over celebrating. Not only did some kind soul hand in my wallet, they left the season ticket stubs and the fiver that was in it, either of which I expected to be "taxed" as part of the deal for returning the cards!
Why do people have such low expectations of their fellow fans? I found a phone at Sellhurst Park, so texted people on it to get the owner to come and get it. He was completely shocked I wouldn't take the £20 reward he offered me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Why do people have such low expectations of their fellow fans? I found a phone at Sellhurst Park, so texted people on it to get the owner to come and get it. He was completely shocked I wouldn't take the £20 reward he offered me.

Because they read the kind of comments posted by Bushy and Husty?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Good news: I'm with an Albion employee right now and the club have it in their possession.

*cough* donation to REMF *cough*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good news: I'm with an Albion employee right now and the club have it in their possession.

Did it get lobbed on the pitch during the celebrations and was picked up by one of the players ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I thought Enrest was in possession of this.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
sorry trig, attempted to give you a thumbs up but it appears to have gone in as a thumbs down!
No worries, I think everyone does that. I can't imagine there are people that don't love everything I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here