Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are any of these relegations actually going to happen?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To the Championship
Palace
Sunderland

To division FOUR:
Bristol City
Sheff Utd

To the NON-league:
Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers

I shall chuckle particularly heartily if Portsmouth do obviously (and indeed I'm praying it does happen) and Palace, but actually seeing Bristol City in league 2 would be vaguely amusing too. I've never liked them much.

Any other relegations NSC would like to see?

Edit: I'd also like to see Luton make a mess of promotion to the league. Again. :lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd be quite keen to see West Ham go down again, which is looking pleasingly realistic.
Crawley to Conference South? 5 years away.

D

Deleted member 22389

To the Championship
Palace
Sunderland

To division FOUR:
Bristol City
Sheff Utd

To the NON-league:
Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers

I shall chuckle particularly heartily if Portsmouth do obviously (and indeed I'm praying it does happen) and Palace, but actually seeing Bristol City in league 2 would be vaguely amusing too. I've never liked them much.

Edit: I'd also like to see Luton make a mess of promotion to the league. Again. :lolol:

After living in Luton I would like to see them get promoted.
Biggest attendances in their league, they will have the biggest attendance in League 2, and possibly League 1.

To the Championship
Palace
Sunderland

It would be great if that happened, but I can't see it at the moment. They seem have found their feet. Obviously what would even better if we went up and both those came down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
After living in Luton I would like to see them get promoted.
Biggest attendances in their league, they will have the biggest attendance in League 2, and possibly League 1.
After living in Luton, I want them to stay down forever. Bunch of twats.

Biggest attendance in league 2? Erm, nowhere near. Both Bradford and Portsmouth have averaged over 10k to lead the attendances in that division over the past decade. Luton haven't even had a gate of 10,000 since the 1990s. And as for league 1, they would average just over the average gate which is around 6,500.

Tin pot twats.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looking at the lists
I ask myself do I really care what happens to any of these teams

thought about it

NO

D

Deleted member 22389

Biggest attendance in league 2? Erm, nowhere near. Both Bradford and Portsmouth have averaged over 10k to lead the attendances in that division over the past decade. Luton haven't even had a gate of 10,000 since the 1990s. And as for league 1, they would average just over the average gate which is around 6,500.

Tin pot twats.

The club is the only decent thing left. They will go up. Don't think they will ever get back to their old glory days.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Below...

To the Championship
Palace - Unfortunately not
Sunderland - No

To division FOUR:
Bristol City - Possibly
Sheff Utd - No

To the NON-league:
Portsmouth - If there's any justice they should be starting again at the bottom of the pile.
Bristol Rovers - Possibly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Personally I'd like to see them promoted back to the league. They were very harshly treated with the 30 point deduction when compared to the "punishments" handed out to the Football League's favourite clubs. If the FL actually acted in a fair and equal way then yes, bugger them, they got what they deserved but the FL treat some clubs with favouritism - witness how they will treat Nottingham Forest under FFP.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Don't think any of them will happen.... unfortunately as would be most amused by all of them, bar the Bristol clubs (where I couldn't care less!)

Jimmy Grimble

For the sake of a few hundred quid I hope Blackpool's demise ends in eventual relegation.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Personally I'd like to see them promoted back to the league. They were very harshly treated with the 30 point deduction when compared to the "punishments" handed out to the Football League's favourite clubs. If the FL actually acted in a fair and equal way then yes, bugger them, they got what they deserved but the FL treat some clubs with favouritism - witness how they will treat Nottingham Forest under FFP.

I lived there for a couple of years and know a few ST holders. They deserve to go up now, they have paid their dues after being shafted by the FA. Their crowds are superb for the conference, usually average 5/6k, they had 7,300 last weekend.

Hopefully they will go up, proper club with a good away following - and hopefully with clubs like Crawley and Stevenage going in the other direction.

Tin pot twats.

Did ickle Simster muck up a job interview at Luton Airport. Or did you get dumped by one of those lovely ladies Luton is so famous for? Any mention of the L word seems to start you frothing rabidly rather than giving your normally more considered posts.

For the record, my brother (Luton season ticket holder, no criminal record) reports typical crowds of about 7,500+ this season. Buiding nicely as the "glory hunters" return. Segregation issues and feeble away followings in the conference make clearing 10,000 difficult with supposed sell outs producing gates of about 9,800 a couple of times last season. About 40 people were actually locked out on Boxing Day. But clearly gates in Div 2 would be less than Pompeys and closer to Plymouth's. I would not expect comparison to Bradford since I believe they are playing in Div 1 now. I would anticipate average gates of 8000+ in Div 2. This maybe "tinpot" to Mr Simster, but compare well to Brighton attendances at that level both at the Goldstone in the 90s and Withdean.

D

Deleted member 22389

I lived there for a couple of years and know a few ST holders. They deserve to go up now, they have paid their dues after being shafted by the FA. Their crowds are superb for the conference, usually average 5/6k, they had 7,300 last weekend.

Hopefully they will go up, proper club with a good away following - and hopefully with clubs like Crawley and Stevenage going in the other direction.

That's right they have paid there dues and like you say they are a proper club. Used to live quite near the stadium. Never take your car out on a Saturday othewise you wont get back lol.

D

Deleted member 22389

Did ickle Simster muck up a job interview at Luton Airport. Or did you get dumped by one of those lovely ladies Luton is so famous for? Any mention of the L word seems to start you frothing rabidly rather than giving your normally more considered posts.

For the record, my brother (Luton season ticket holder, no criminal record) reports typical crowds of about 7,500+ this season. Buiding nicely as the "glory hunters" return. Segregation issues and feeble away followings in the conference make clearing 10,000 difficult with supposed sell outs producing gates of about 9,800 a couple of times last season. About 40 people were actually locked out on Boxing Day. But clearly gates in Div 2 would be less than Pompeys and closer to Plymouth's. I would not expect comparison to Bradford since I believe they are playing in Div 1 now. I would anticipate average gates of 8000+ in Div 2. This maybe "tinpot" to Mr Simster, but compare well to Brighton attendances at that level both at the Goldstone in the 90s and Withdean.

That's right, I think there was a near 10,000 there last season. I could hear the crowd from my old back garden.
I think Luton will quite easily get back to League 1.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Agreed, the crowds they are getting in the Conference suggest that they are naturally a top end league 1/ bottom end champ club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here