Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen is coming!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I just think this is the media putting two and two together and making five. Owen still carries the stigma of being a sick note, the next Paul Kiston maybe ?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
While I very much doubt ANYTHING will come of this rumour, I certainly wouldn't take the opinion of TalkSHITE as the final word on the subject.

In truth is this prospect any more unlikely than I would have said of Vicente? The only difference would appear to be his level of fame in THIS country. Vicente has been a big name, one of the very biggest, but due to on-going injury problems, the top clubs have gone cold on signing him, but he still wants to play football, so has come here. We don't see much of him, but whenever we do, he's an absolute joy to watch.

Michael Owen could very well be a similar story. I very much doubt it, but, as I say, I felt this way about teh Vicente rumour and I was bang wrong with that one.

Not this time. Just like in the summer. This is just a total NSC wind up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

It isn't a total NSC wind up.

But I still don't think it will happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely NOT!?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Brilliant. Got your Palace ticket yet ?.

Yep. You?

I did cheat and buy one from someone else though. But I STILL think that I would have been OK with my 1120 points. We'll find out this week anyway!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
*Re-opens door*

HE'S COMING HE'S COMING! I'VE JUST SEEN HIM IN CANHAMS

No doubt hanging upside down on a hook - in an attempt to get his knackered Hamstrings & Achilles Tendons relaxed for his medical. :thumbsup:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. You?

I did cheat and buy one from someone else though. But I STILL think that I would have been OK with my 1120 points. We'll find out this week anyway!

Yep same. Where there's a will , there's a way. 1120 points also. If the tickets are available down to 1100 points I will definately get that pint in, and eat my hat at the same time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Well, it would appear that there is SOMETHING in it that is more significant than the summer, as this has gone beyond mere NSC.

However, I still stand in the crowd of "believe it when I see it", albeit with a certain amount of moistness at the mere thought of Vicente and Owen linking up with Buckley and CMS.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, it would appear that there is SOMETHING in it that is more significant than the summer, as this has gone beyond mere NSC.

However, I still stand in the crowd of "believe it when I see it", albeit with a certain amount of moistness at the mere thought of Vicente and Owen linking up with Buckley and CMS.

Agreed. Although just seeing Vicente alone would do it for me at the moment.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yep same. Where there's a will , there's a way. 1120 points also. If the tickets are available down to 1100 points I will definately get that pint in, and eat my hat at the same time.

The thing is, if the club had used the loyalty points with some kind of actual logic, then people on 1100+ would have been fine. But starting on 1400 and dropping by 20 each time was ridiculous, and even more ridculous when they then have to suddenly open them up to 15000 people all at once with 1000+ because they haven't sold out. I hadn't banked on this in our original argument, you see. I would have guessed they would have said 1300 for two days, 1200 for two days, 1000 for two days, then everyone else up until a couple of days before the game.

As it stands, the people on 1100ish will probably get the chance, but they will be fighting with 15000 other people to get them. Fortunately, you and I both have friends who are more loyal than we are so we don't have to go through this.

Anyway, back to the thread, I would be far more confident of getting a Palace ticket with my 1120 points than I am of us signing Michael Owen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here