Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 1 Man U 0 - October 1982

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hello,

Hoping that someone can help. I am after a copy of the Big Match featuring the Albion V Man United where Peter Ward scored the winning goal.

Does anyone have or does anyone knows someone who has this on video?

Cheers

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
No but I can describe it for you if you like as I was right behind the goal in the South Stand.

Cross comes over, Wardy, back to goal about 8 yards out, chests it, turns and volleys into the net.

Probably nothing like it - but that's how its etched on my memory.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It was 6th November 1982. My first ever Brighton game.

In my memory Ward lobbed the keeper from 20 yards out after running onto a through ball. More than likely nothing like that either, but thats how I am going to remember it. I was 7 and can't remember much about the game really.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My 2nd Albion match. I was 14 - goal a complete blur.

Dec 30, 2006
South Atlantic
I was in the North Stand for that match, the goal was as described by Arthritic Toe, it then got a bit tasty in the North as a load of United fans had infiltrated the terraces and in true Brighton style, our 'Top Boys' were nowhere to be seen as the space behind the goal became a deserted area.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
I just about remember the highlight on MOTD that night. From what I recall he wasn't that far out. He had a moustache though and a bubble perm THAT I DO REMEMBER !!. Well past his best though:bowdown:

Dec 30, 2006
South Atlantic
Peterward.jpg

He was only 27 then, as born in July 1955.

Went on to be voted best player in USA indoor football at least twice.

If Brian Clough had not been so petty minded and refused to extend the loan period from Forest he could have helped us stay up and win the FA Cup.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was there & it was at the North Stand goal actually, when we didn't have a roof.
(Now we don't even have a f***ing ground!)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was there when Norman Whiteside made his debut, 0-1 to Man U :down:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The thing I remember most is that we played them 4 times in 82/83,and lost only once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here