Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Petition to PM

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
228 at the moment. IMO the petition would take off if it was mentioned in the Arsegas. Have also e-mailed the club for some postcards to show R Kelly that this affects Seagulls in exile as well.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
If that's the case... where was it announced? And which email specifically?

Can't remember where I saw it, but I e-mailled Tim Carder and he's replied to say he's sending some out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you drop an e-mail to the club they will send out postcards , this was mentioned as a reply to a question in the "ask the club" forum. The e-mail address is seagulls@bhafc.co.uk

Last edited:

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
done! just waiting for email back confriming! sent to others to sign aswel! :albion:

all done now!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The website took ages to load. Only takes a minute to fill in your details , the confirmation e-mail came back instantly. Send to other potential signatories , here is a link. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Falmer/

The Oldman said:
I have no wish to upset the FFA campaign . All I did yesterday was to bounce the original thread created by the Clown of Pevensey Bay, which no one objected to when it was originally posted in January.

If Lord B as a moderator wants to delete this thread to stop the knowledge of this petition that's fine by me but I do wonder if we are not being a bit too sensitive. We are a group of people who through our common support of the Albion are letting No 10 know how we feel about Falmer. It's not an organised campaign as the postcard scheme is - just NSC users saying our piece.

However I say again if this thread is somehow hurting the FFA work then delete it.
I'm not saying anything different from what Insider has posted on Ask The Club this morning:-

Insider said:
I think the important thing here is we concentrate on one thing at a time. I appreciate this is being done with good intentions, but we want the postcard campaign to be as effective as possible. An alternative option might make people think they've done their bit. Now this is up and running we'll push it on the website - but as you say it could end up looking 'pretty poor'.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Shame there wasn't more co-ordination before hand. People signed this in good faith - thinking it was part of the official campaign. Maybe best if people are worried about low signage, not to officially back it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sneaky George said:
Shame there wasn't more co-ordination before hand. People signed this in good faith - thinking it was part of the official campaign. Maybe best if people are worried about low signage, not to officially back it?

The non-stickiness re: thepetition is a bit of a hint.

While not knocking anybody who's signed the petition, wouldn't it be more beneficial to see what the Falmer For All team have up their sleeves and back that 100% instead? Starting with the postcards?

As Lord B said further up this thread, a petition with less than sixty thousand signatures is highly likely to be seized on by the self-serving Nimbys as a weakening of support for Falmer. Why give them that ammo?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
magoo said:
I'll put it in plain English.

STOP SIGNING IT! IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE! IT'S f***ing SMALLTIME AND PONY!

That may well be true BUT as it's hosted on the No 10 website, it's effectively already been sent and is definately in the public domain. If people stop signing it now it'll look even worse! It's already over the 100 sigs which means it will get read by No 10 officials.

Setting up the petition was a bit ill advised but I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
magoo said:
I'll put it in plain English.

STOP SIGNING IT! IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE! IT'S f***ing SMALLTIME AND PONY!

Bit late for that isn't it?

:shootself

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Would it not be a good idea to stop signing this petition now as a tribute to Telscombe Gull...? I find it rather poignent that the 100th signature was that of Telscombe Gull who so sadly, died yesterday, without knowing the future destiny of our club. He joins a long list now of supporters who have waited in vain, while those with the ability to move things on with a decision , one way or another, have deliberately pro-crastinated time after time after time.I am utterly ashamed of all those people.

Last edited:

Titanic said:
Why has Paul Camillin signed it then ? Or is that a fake ?

He's no doubt caught in the same dilemma as the rest of us. Read what he has said on 'Ask The Club' -

Insider said:
I think the important thing here is we concentrate on one thing at a time. I appreciate this is being done with good intentions, but we want the postcard campaign to be as effective as possible. An alternative option might make people think they've done their bit. Now this is up and running we'll push it on the website - but as you say it could end up looking 'pretty poor'.

I'm not going to sign it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here