Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Report We’ve Ever Seen (Amy Lawrence’s 652 Word School Essay From West Ham)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sort of fixtures, but this was in the match programme yesterday:

‘Congratulations to Amy Lawrence of The Observer, who may well have broken a record. Amy’s 652-word report following the West Ham United game last Saturday failed to mention the name of any player other than a West Ham one, or even the name of the team that the Premiership thoroughbreds were playing’

:dunce:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely not as bad as that bloke who read out his match report on BBC Southern Counties local league round-up last night, he sounded like a 5 year old reading out loud in class for the first time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How about we get Amy Lawrence sacked?

To make a correction, or raise an issue about The Observer, with the Readers' editor:

Write to: Readers' Editor
The Observer
3-7 Herbal Hill
London EC1R 3EJ
Tel: 020 7713 4656
Email: reader@observer.co.uk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
very sarcy e-mail sent :lolol:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Tom Hark said:
Sort of fixtures, but this was in the match programme yesterday:

‘Congratulations to Amy Lawrence of The Observer, who may well have broken a record. Amy’s 652-word report following the West Ham United game last Saturday failed to mention the name of any player other than a West Ham one, or even the name of the team that the Premiership thoroughbreds were playing’

:dunce:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
How about we get Amy Lawrence sacked?

To make a correction, or raise an issue about The Observer, with the Readers' editor:

Write to: Readers' Editor
The Observer
3-7 Herbal Hill
London EC1R 3EJ
Tel: 020 7713 4656
Email: reader@observer.co.uk

If you've only just noticed, you're obviously not an Observer reader...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To be fair he was on holiday last weekend.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I was referring to anyone complaining after reading about it in the matchday programme/on NSC.

"I don't read your paper myself but I hear...." *Presses delete*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
I was referring to anyone complaining after reading about it in the matchday programme/on NSC.

"I don't read your paper myself but I hear...." *Presses delete*

Who cares. If they have to press delete a large number of times (as they would do if only a small percentage of NSC users mailed in) then maybe word might get back to the the sports editor who might just possibly have a word in Ms Lawrence's shell-like with a view to her improving her performance on a Sunday 'quality' newspaper. And it's not really conceivable that a sub-editor removed every single reference to BHAFC from her report, before all you journos spring into knee-jerk defence of this sloppy piece of writing.

Nice bit of mischief :lol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
amy_lawrence_140byline_Wcup.jpg

She may look like a bloke, but don't be fooled, she knows NOTHING about football. :lolol:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
She was one of the founding writers of 4-4-2, and bloody good she was too...back then...

Same thing happened in the Independent mind you.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Silent Bob said:
amy_lawrence_140byline_Wcup.jpg

She may look like a bloke, but don't be fooled, she knows NOTHING about football. :lolol:

Quality :laugh:

Albion Rob

Sad as it is, an unispiring Brighton perormance against a Premiership side that was arguably there for the taking clearly didn't merit much mention.

Had we won, I'm sure it would still have been the same though, all about West Ham's demise.

Like it or not, we're not much of a story for anyone any more - even the local rag has to go tittle tattling to our previous manager when they're desparate for copy - we're not a plucky club on the up fighting for a new stadium, we're a lower third division side with no one to sell and a stadium saga that has dragged on for so long that people just assume it's all been refused and put to bed.

Sadly, we're learning what it's like to be a nothing club, like Rochdale or Mansfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here