Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what do job agencies really mean.. rant #3

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
An interesting Phenomena on this thread.

Seems that quite a few posters are in the Recruitment industry, simularly quite a few of the dissenters are in the "fluid" work environment where they come into contact with said agencies.

Suggestion: Recruiters, stop posting on here and get on the phone to get the poor sods on your books a job.

Dissenters. Get a Job and stop posting on here! (or start, whichever suits) end of debate.

*click* light goes off, door closes

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
An interesting Phenomena on this thread.

Seems that quite a few posters are in the Recruitment industry, simularly quite a few of the dissenters are in the "fluid" work environment where they come into contact with said agencies.

Suggestion: Recruiters, stop posting on here and get on the phone to get the poor sods on your books a job.

Dissenters. Get a Job and stop posting on here! (or start, whichever suits) end of debate.

*click* light goes off, door closes
Ouch, at least let us all out before you turn off the lights and shut the door!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I left some sheets knotted together hanging out of the window.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
afters said:
i wouldn't like to be locked in with mad frank!
I believe the sad old tosspiece has flounced. :nono:

Either that or he's gone to the pub with one of his many millions of friends.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:
Get back to reading your internet wife catalogue you strange bore. Or are you saving that particular piece of reading for next time you're slung into prison you sappy old hopalong gimp?
No offence intended.
Christ on a bike, that's fairly robust...thankfully no-one's getting too personal...:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
afters said:
dwaynester: the City Pay Guide produced by Monks (now PwC) is imo the best.

produced quarterly, very detailed

oooo I would love to get hold of that, where can I get it, and how much?

or would you be kind enough to forward to me? xx

got a 2 hour meeting now....will check when I get back ta

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
dwayne said:
oooo I would love to get hold of that, where can I get it, and how much?

or would you be kind enough to forward to me? xx

got a 2 hour meeting now....will check when I get back ta

your HR will have it for sure, and i can't see why they wouldn't let you look.

purchasing is not an option unless you've got a spare £750 for a subscription....

feel free to mail me if you want some info, i'll get somebody to have a look for you

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dick Knights Mumm said:
I think you'll find there was No Offence Intended.
:clap: And obviously Frank hasn't taken any - you wait, he'll appear on here as if nothing has happened in the small matter of a day or two.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm here now you sad little man, some of us work for a living. Funny how you cn hand out abuse but get upset when you get it back. Still, I feel sorry for your children.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dick Knights Mumm said:
I think you'll find there was No Offence Intended.

You're quite right, I just don't take kindly to personal abuse and am limited to responding in kind, a failing of many on here though.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
without naming any agency names, this is what i have encountered so far, each incident with different agencies... i registered in person, I did their various tests, and they have my CV, proof of ID etc.. preferred positins/areas were clearly listed..

1- put my details onto previous employer, for the job I had just left (Iwas surprised at the much higher rate being offered, too!)

2- arranged an interview, but gave company 'x' a totally bogus CV -nothing to do with my career history, at all. very confusing, embarrasing, and a waste of time/trainfare.

3- a London agency arranged an interview, which was 'cancelled' at last minute (I had left home by then, for the train..), as the firm had already chosen someone they saw the day before.. this was before mobiles were commonplace, so a wasted a trip to London.
- i did get fare refunded though, after giving them a #8@!#* piece of my mind..

4- calls from various agencies, offering 'great' jobs in worthing, h/heath etc, for little more than minimum wage.. despite me making it clear i needed something local. i would end up further in debt, just paying the train fare!

5- unspecified 'temp' placement durations- a week? month? they must have some indication from the employer, as to how long they may need someone.. i also need to be able to plan/budget ahead, people!

6- 'temp to perm' jobs. no such thing as a trial period nowadays then? and double bubble i guess, commission wise.. (on temp rates, then siggning on fee as it were, when made permanent too.. how come the people actually doing the job dont get a cut of this, as i suspect taken off any salary a company may have offered, if i applied direct.

7- agency offering (temp) rates LOWER than the company had advertised, as they can get you in for an interview quicker..?!

my apologies to anyone who feels put out, but this is how it is.

edited for rant affcted spelling..:censored:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
desprateseagull said:
without naming any agency names, this is what i have encountered so far, each incident with different agencies... i registered in person, I did their various tests, and they have my CV, proof of ID etc.. preferred positins/areas were clearly listed..

1- put my details onto previous employer, for the job I had just left (Iwas surprised at the much higher rate being offered, too!)

2- arranged an interview, but gave company 'x' a totally bogus CV -nothing to do with my career history, at all. very confusing, embarrasing, and waste of time/trainfare.

3- a London agency arranged an interview, which was 'cancelled' at last minute (I had left home by then, for the train..), as the firm had already chosen someone they saw the day before.. this was before mobiles were commonplace, so a wasted a trip to London.
- i did get fare refunded though, after giving them a #8@!#* piece of my mind..

4- calls from various agencies, offering 'great' jobs in worthing, h/heath etc, for little more than minimum wage.. despite me making it clear i needed something local. i would end up further in debt, just paying the train fare!

5- unspecified 'temp' placement durations- a week? month? thye must have some indication from the emplyer, as to how long they may need someone.. i also need to be able to plan/budget ahead, people!

6- 'temp to perm' jobs. no such thing as a trial period nowadays then? and double bubble i guess, commission wise.. (temo rates, then siggning on fee as it were, when made permanent too- how come the people actually doing the job dont get a cut of this, as posibly taken off a salary a company may have offered, if i applied direct.

7- agency offering (temp) rates LOWER than the company had advertised, as they can get you in for an interview quicker..?!

my apologies to anyone who feels put out, but this is how it is.

Apparently not :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
I'm here now you sad little man, some of us work for a living. Funny how you cn hand out abuse but get upset when you get it back. Still, I feel sorry for your children.
Ah he's calmed down at last. :D

Thats what happens when you manage to find the time to knock out a cheeky wank to the bird on page 14 of your internet wife catalogue.

Mind you, I'll reckon you'll be back to your usual odd, angry self once you've realised the pages are now stuck together!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simster said:
Ah he's calmed down at last. :D

Thats what happens when you manage to find the time to knock out a cheeky wank to the bird on page 14 of your internet wife catalogue.

What's the matter Simster, your wife finally seen the light and left you ? You shouldn't think that everybody is like you.

Still, the cheely wank is probably as close as you get, have you figured out who you son's real father is ?

Don'tget personal if you can't take it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
This thread has gone from pathetic to down right fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyish.

EDIT:Why the hell has c untish turned to the above?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
What's the matter Simster, your wife finally seen the light and left you ? You shouldn't think that everybody is like you.

Still, the cheely wank is probably as close as you get, have you figured out who you son's real father is ?

Don'tget personal if you can't take it.
:D No Frank she hasn't. But if she does, I'll be sure to tell you by posting on here at 1 minute to midnight on New Years Eve like all the other losers do. :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here