Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Originally posted by bhafc99
    No, this is largely a scam by agencies to get more CVs in and generally raise their profile. They frequently advertise jobs that don't necessarily exist.
    Originally posted by Jimmy Saville
    Source? Let me guess, you don't have one. It's just another unnecessary, unfounded dig at the recruitment industry.
    Actually I do. My girlfriend. She briefly worked as a recruitment consultant for a well-known high street firm. On several occasions she was asked to do this.

So my comment is a 'necessary' 'founded' 'truth'.
    "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Westdene Seagull
      they hack the CV's around and make them barely unreadable. It would help if they actually proof read what they send us !!!

I personally rate job agencies along side estate agents !

I'm glad you dislike people not proof reading what they send you. Read what you've written there and see if it makes sense. What does a "barely unreadable" CV look like? I assume it's actually quite readable, or does it take it the other way?

And I think you'll find that most estate agents are very professional, too.

Like all industries, including the one you work in no doubt, there will be people who are crap at their job and will piss people off with their unprofessional attitude and actions. Just move on to someone else if it happens to you and don't tar everyone with the same brush, you bloody knuckle dragging hooligan football fan!

And no, I am not a recruitment consultant or an estate agent. I do, however, find it funny that all these people who rant about those professions are very coy when asked what they do themselves.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by bhaexpress

As you can see the vast majority of people on this thread have the same low opinion of your profession, maybe you could become a pimp.

In the ideal world they shouldn't have that opinion though. If it all works out then you get a job / a better job and the recruitment consultant gets the commission and the new employer gets a good new resource. The only one who loses is the old employer, if there is one but by the time someone's gone to an agency or said yes to a headhunter they're already thinking of leaving.

I genuinely feel sorry for the stick Jimmy S is getting here. It's not like he's a traffic warden or Simon Jordan is it?
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Find the thread. I had the last word.

Double glazing - resorting to sterotypes again. YAWN! What are you like? You're just a bitter, twisted, sad, nasty, bigoted old man aren't you.

I believe you are looking for work and will no doubt be speaking to lots of agencies. Make sure you don't catch leprosy!

Ooohh..MMMMMEEEEEEOOOWWWW!
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by sully

I do, however, find it funny that all these people who rant about those professions are very coy when asked what they do themselves.
      I do Easy 10 on a Thursday night whilst dressed as Blakey from 'On the Buses'.

Am I allowed to say that?
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by bhaexpress
      And the utter shite you're posting rather shows just how ignorant you are of your own 'profession'. Face it you're little more than a pimp and frankly couldn't give a shit about your clients as long as you get your cut.
      I am currently actively working with six clients.

1. I worked with them in Oz - When I came back three and a half years ago they recommended me personally to their Clapham office. I have placed 10 permenent people there this year - all of whom are still there

2. A company I was given three and a half years ago and have turned them into a one deal a year client to a six deal a year client through understanding their needs.

3. A start up in London. I recruited for their Operations Director in his previous job and he called me as soon as he had a vacancy in his new job.

4. An company I have three years history with. They are considering outsourcing all of their work to me next year.

5. A major bank. I am working with a new office after being referred internally.

6. Another bank who are working with me because they are impressed by my client list and understanding of their work - I sent them 8 CV's, they interviewed 7.

Look, you're acting like a little child. You know NOTHING about me, yet you call me a pimp, a sewer rat and a leper. How dare you! Is that the way a 50 year old man is meant to behave. You should take a long hard look at yourself before pointing your bigoted finger at everyone else.
      I'm in the mood for ska

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by bhafc99
      Actually I do. My girlfriend. She briefly worked as a recruitment consultant for a well-known high street firm. On several occasions she was asked to do this.

So my comment is a 'necessary' 'founded' 'truth'.
      Okay, well i cannot speak for all of my profession, but in 6 years I have NEVER come across this and it is totally wrong to assume that whenever a role goes on hold it never existed.
      I'm in the mood for ska

0 Not allowed!
      Oh for gods sake you lot, I've had the pleasure of working with quite a few recruitment agencies in my time, both in Canary Wharf and in Worthing.

The problems are as follows: there are many agencies out there who employ their consultants and have them meet quotas. These are the ones who will send as many peoples CV's to a prospective job as possible, frankly very annoying....There are also some excellent agencies out there who match potential candidates with the qualities requested by the employer and pass on good interviewees....these agencies got my repeat custom.

The other problem is that there is only a certain amount of people available, sadly the pool of good candidates in West Sussex is smaller than in London, so often agencies have slimmer pickings so to speak....

There are good agencies and there are ones I just don't use for the above reasons...

I'm looking for specific work now, and there are only 2 agencies in Brighton I'll use to find me a role, basically for the reasons above...
      Yes I'm bored...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am currently actively working with six clients.

1. I worked with them in Oz - When I came back three and a half years ago they recommended me personally to their Clapham office. I have placed 10 permenent people there this year - all of whom are still there

2. A company I was given three and a half years ago and have turned them into a one deal a year client to a six deal a year client through understanding their needs.

3. A start up in London. I recruited for their Operations Director in his previous job and he called me as soon as he had a vacancy in his new job.

4. An company I have three years history with. They are considering outsourcing all of their work to me next year.

5. A major bank. I am working with a new office after being referred internally.

6. Another bank who are working with me because they are impressed by my client list and understanding of their work - I sent them 8 CV's, they interviewed 7.

Look, you're acting like a little child. You know NOTHING about me, yet you call me a pimp, a sewer rat and a leper. How dare you! Is that the way a 50 year old man is meant to behave. You should take a long hard look at yourself before pointing your bigoted finger at everyone else.
      Sorry to be erm annoying, but point four, should start "A" and not as you have stated "An"
      That's definitely your mums snatch!

0 Not allowed!
      This thread is a little pathetic isn't it.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion