Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall in the JPT - Official Thread

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
Dont take this the wrong way but I would guess that a badly split knee is better than internal damage. In terms of recovery time anyway.

calf actually - still v.painful ... min 2 weeks i think but that will depend on how deep .. could be longer

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:
The huge numbers of Millwall fans on mine mainly stuck to anti-Palace chants, which was a gracious touch I thought at the time, amongst other emotions :lol:

You did well then.

Quite enjoyed it when one 14 year old Millwall Burberry was starting on someone...and it turnout to be a fellow Millwall fan:

"Do i look like i'm f*cking Brighton mate, look at this, i'm wearing f*cking Stone Island innit. Now come down the other end of the train and i'll f*cking do you over'.

To which the little kid mentioned something about his Dad being on the train. Bless

Although we were under the cosh virtually all night: 3 things stood out for me:

1) Hendo - an absolute rock. Yes, had one comedy sliced clearance but was otherwise superb, ensured we weren't 3-0 down at half-time, one diving save he made from a whipped-in cross-shot was brilliant, he could easily have left that to his defence and we would have been f***ed. He was superb in the shoot-out, a reimbodiment of Ben Roberts against Swindon

2) Cox - wasn't his most fluent day, but for me he even eclipsed Revell in the enthusiasm stakes. He was getting stuck in all over the pitch, leaving many a painful impression on a Millwall player :lolol: How it took him 90 mins to get booked, I'll never know! But it's a side of his game I haven't appreciated properly up til now given that his skills are the eye-catching thing, but it was his mad, frenzied desire that helped drag us over the finishing line.

3) Robinson - cometh the hour, etc. Really good strikers make a difference even if they've gone nearly all game without a sniff. One chance, one goal - brilliant.

No praise too high for how Wilkins constantly reorganised in the face of adversity. Although in a way it was like Groundhog Day given the 10-men of our last visit, the urgent need to get a goal gave it all a different complexion.

The 3-4-2 we finished with, with John getting forward a lot too, was superb because it took advantage brilliantly of Millwall's nerves in the last 10 minutes. Strange sight of Whing playing the central defender in a back 3, but they were never going to be punished because Millwall constantly blinked when they should have calmly put the game beyond us.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Everest said:
Race, just when was Tank under orders to take you Xmas shopping? Wasn't the same day that he's suspended for, is it?

Coincidence, that is.??? :lolol:

He was supposed to be putting up the Xmas lights today but has gone in for treatment instead, football gets right on my lils! :angry:

The ref is going to have a look at the video of his red card! It's the first one he's had in just over 10 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Race said:
He was supposed to be putting up the Xmas lights today but has gone in for treatment instead, football gets right on my lils! :angry:

The ref is going to have a look at the video of his red card! It's the first one he's had in just over 10 years.

I should tell him not to get his hopes up Race. The contact was minimal but it was there and he was the last man. Fingers crossed though!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
hans kraay fan club said:
I should tell him not to get his hopes up Race. The contact was minimal but it was there and he was the last man. Fingers crossed though!

Yeah he knows it's a bit of no hoper, rules are rules, but he's gonna try and get rid of it! :lolol:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
hans kraay fan club said:
Well they were well out of order tonight. They ejected three and so far as I could see they had done nothing but stand up (along with 700 others.

they were drinking beer in the ground and refused to go outside to discuss it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here