Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Originally posted by Stat Brother
    That can't be so, a thread started by lil'old me requested to go into the hallowed halls of NSC gold.

(Can't think of a horsey pun, as I do just fall on the GG side of this fence)
    OK best 'unintentional' pun of the day. Is it

a) Stat Brother's falling at the fence or

B) LI's 'reign' gag.

Superb unintentional comedy work.
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by London Irish
      Good post, but you are fighting a losing battle against a postmodernist influenced culture that trivialises every higher feeling and emotion.
      WTF
      You crack me up with self opinionated clap trap.

It is sad that a horse, known to many, has died, but get real.

As a previous post says what about those horses that are shot on the course or those retired horses that make a steady trot to the knackers yard! DO only survived this fate because of his success. He was still making money for his owners right to the end. The only person I feel really sorry for is the stable hand who devoted their time for a pittence.

For the record the trainers etc of this sport of kings run very close to cruelty in their methods and I for one would like to see closer monitoring of the racing yards. A RSPA inspector who had to attend to an incident with our horses said that one of the best known trainers regularly removes/drains half of the horses blood three days prior to a race. This is so the horse goes into overdrive in blood production and the new blood is of a higher oxygen content. This apparently helps the stamina. I was shocked to hear this but he said though it not right it not considered abuse.

Finally speaking from experiance of horse owners after the initial sadness of the death of a horse the very next thourght is usually "how the **** are we going to move that!" especially if it happened in the stable.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by PILTDOWN MAN
      WTF
      You crack me up with self opinionated clap trap.

It is sad that a horse, known to many, has died, but get real.

As a previous post says what about those horses that are shot on the course or those retired horses that make a steady trot to the knackers yard! DO only survived this fate because of his success. He was still making money for his owners right to the end. The only person I feel really sorry for is the stable hand who devoted their time for a pittence.

For the record the trainers etc of this sport of kings run very close to cruelty in their methods and I for one would like to see closer monitoring of the racing yards. A RSPA inspector who had to attend to an incident with our horses said that one of the best known trainers regularly removes/drains half of the horses blood three days prior to a race. This is so the horse goes into overdrive in blood production and the new blood is of a higher oxygen content. This apparently helps the stamina. I was shocked to hear this but he said though it not right it not considered abuse.

Finally speaking from experiance of horse owners after the initial sadness of the death of a horse the very next thourght is usually "how the **** are we going to move that!" especially if it happened in the stable.
      I actually quite enjoyed reading your self-opinionated claptrap and found myself agreeing with nearly all of it

My post was of course on a different subject entirely, whether the mournful feelings of the few really avid DO fans on here should be respected. I don't actually think any of your comments cut across that.
      Last edited by London Irish; 14-11-2006 at 00:44.
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      A great, great horse.

What more needs to be said?
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Lord Bracknell
      A great, great horse.

What more needs to be said?
      Support in what you believe and believe in what you support
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by PILTDOWN MAN

maybe thats a way to dispose of it, they did it at brighton station remember!!!!
      Lets all do the conga
      Don't Mention The War Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…!”

0 Not allowed!
      RIP Desert Orchid, will be sadly missed by one and all.
      Croc Croc Yellow Army - 2009 NSC Six-a-side CHAMPIONS
      Pocket Rocket

0 Not allowed!
      "You? You look like your face fell in the cheese dip back in 1957."