Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Appreciation Thread

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I am fed up with some of the negative vibes about DK at the moment.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think some of it is going too far.

Let's see some appreciation for him.

by Papa Lazarou

I had the good fortune to get invited to a meal once (for working on the Bring home the Albion Campaign), and I got the chance to have a (booze fuelled) chat with Dick, and he is the most ardent Albion fan you could ever meet.

He truly loves the club, and when you get to talk to him you can't help but feel that (like us) he would do just about anything for The Albion. I think the people who doubt his commitment, or his passion for the club or even whether he's 'one of us' are being terribly unfair.

I regularly wonder what it would be like to be the Chairman of the Albion (usually just before 8pm on a Saturday evening with lottery ticket in hand). I usually come to the conclusion that even if I had £10M to invest I certainly wouldn't want to be the chairman, because you get so much (mainly un-warranted) stick from all and sundry proles who know nothing about running a football club.

Whatever Dick does there's someone on here who sees a downside to it, finds an angle to slate him. It sadly seems to go with the territory.

Now, to provide some balance, criticism is part and parcel of life, and I am certainly not suggesting that Dick hasn't made some mistakes that warrant criticism (Hinshelwood, Kits etc), but when it comes to the financial viability of BHAFC as a business you really have to try an separate the sentiment from the stark reality.

The club are currently in a situation where the entire football heirarchy are in a financial mess, we have no revenue stream from a stadium, we are paying a lot to attempt to remedy that situation with Falmer.

Dick is running the club sensibly, not splashing the cash to placate a few irate keyboard warriors, but making sure that in 5 years when many clubs may well have gone to the wall we will still be here, and hopefully ready to return to our rightful place, in a new stadium, without debt and with a loyal and commited squad. Perhaps then Dick may step aside his legacy in place.

Papa

This is brilliant. Perfectly summed up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I remember what he has done for us and is still doing.

Long may he remain and take this club forward to better things at Falmer:clap: :clap: :clap:

We could always invite that nice man Archer back, i hear he's got a few bob.

DICK KNIGHTS BARMY ARMY:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Dick Tight, it's time for you to f***-off. You have no money, and no idea about running a football club. Oh, and you are full of bullshit!:nono:

jimmy hill's chin

Jul 5, 2003
totaly agree lets sign a couple of players get to falmer and party away the bad times
:dance:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I appreciate him and what he's doing

Any fool can criticise and they frequently do

:clap: :clap:

Dick Knight's Barmy Army
Dick Knight's Barmy Army
Dick Knight's Barmy Army
Dick Knight's Barmy Army
Dick Knight's Barmy Army
Dick Knight's Barmy Army

If it was not for him we would be watching Eastbourne, Lewes, Worthing..... or even our own AFC Wimbledon.

we got bobby for 100k and we will end up with 1mill not a bad bit of biss to me.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My bit:

Knighty Baby bought us away from the c*nt Archer, got us playing BACK HOME and has tried his heart & soul out to get Falmer up and running and will continue to do so until the day comes. No matter what anybody says about him the day he stands atop of Hove Town Halls balcony and declares "WE HAVE FALMER!" all the Anti-Knight brigade will love it just as much as the rest of us and they know they will.

Until that day he's the man in charge and he knows what he's doing, Yes he's made mistakes in the past but show me one person in history who has'nt done that!

I'm all for Knight leading the way and the most important thing right now in my BHA supporting life is to get Falmer...sod promotion, I'd quite happily take relegation if it meant we'd definatley get the ground.

:albion:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good to see there are still plenty of people on here who can look at all of this with a cool level head.

Papa

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
knight u are such a ****, all the proceeds of the sale will go into your big pockets, and running your big cars. I heard a rumour that Knight is in talks with Ecovert about selling the club for 50p:mad:

dwayne said:
knight u are such a ****, all the proceeds of the sale will go into your big pockets, and running your big cars. I heard a rumour that Knight is in talks with Ecovert about selling the club for 50p:mad:

If u say so!???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Papa

Football is all about emotion and the reaction on here are an outpouring of those emotions. If we all toe'd the party line then what a dull place this world would be.

Critisism due where warranted. I will reserve any until we know at 2 o/clock what the deal actually is. If it is £1.5 with no add ons then I will let go if its better, then great.

No-one can question Dick's comittment to the club or his impact on bringing us home and trying to get Falmer.

PS Good news about Claire!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Artois said:
Well Done Dwayne. Completely ruined another thread.

:glare:

I think he's taking the piss out of that Mullers moron.

As far as Knight is concerned, you only have to meet the bloke to see that he's 100% Albion. Personally, I'd rather have him in charge than that dodgy Russian. If Knight gets the impression that the fans are a bunch of Mullers and decides to get out, I'm sure he'd leave the club in far better hands than he when he started.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm still for Dick :clap: :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Personally, I believe that no one man is bigger than any club.

Zamora was sold because Dick Knight was given an attractive offer. We have stiffed by too many parasites outside the club (Ecovert, Withdean residents, Falmer NIMBYs), and DK has to fend them all off. And Falmer STILL remains a very good proposition.

So Zamora is going. Boo-hoo. We have played games without him before, and still have done very well without him (Colchester away, Barnet away etc).

We don't know what the next couple of days are going to bring - but I fully support Dick Knight in his endeavours. The club may well be a bit strapped, but we have nurtured an asset which bore bore fruit on the pitch, and is now reaping its rewards financially for us off it. Good management, I'd say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here