Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancashire vs Durham

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Interesting approach by Durham. They have been skittled quite a lot lately so are obviously trying to apply themselves wel. for the sake of losing 3-4 batting points (ie they'll never get to 400 before 130 overs) they are extending the chance of getting at least a draw out of the game, especially with bad weather forecast.

2 draws from their last 2 games with a few bonus points along the way should see them safely avoid the drop I would imagine.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Thanks Titanic but i was hoping our learned friend from sarf London would attempt to explain it. I happen to know it, just figured he didn't.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Seagull over NZ said:
OK mate, explain to me in full the LBW rule please.
I can only assume it is when the batsman attempts to play a shot and the ball hits his pad and stops the ball from hitting the wicket, if the ball is deemed to be on route to the wicket that is. the final decision is that of the umpire. unsure of any other ruling on this.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Croydonbloke said:
Explained

The only thing that is clear after your attempted explanation is that it is plainly not the case that " It dosn`t take much to work out the rules of Cricket."

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Titanic said:
The only thing that is clear after your attempted explanation is that it is plainly not the case that " It dosn`t take much to work out the rules of Cricket."
I think the fact the rule is called Leg Before Wicket explains it pretty much.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seagull over NZ said:
OK mate, explain to me in full the LBW rule please.

I think I can clear this up. I've been a long standing cricket fan of several days. LBW refers to the Larry Brown Willy way of getting out. This is when a batsmen-fed up with the sly insinuations (from the opposing bowler and fielders) that he has a small pecker- discards his bat and proceeds to whip out his wanger with which- he confidently tells the smirking opposition bowler- he will hit the next ball out the ground. Invariably he:

A) Has a small penis so is unable to strike the ball and can only watch in dismay as his wicket goes flying.

B) Nicks a googly to silly short mid off square leg.

C) Gets hospitalised when a cricket ball hits him in his nads.

D) Gets arrested for indecent exposure.

Whatever happens the eventual outcome is always the same. The umpire raises a finger(usually the little one) wiggles it like it's a small worm and the despondent batsman trudges back to the pavillion-out L.B.W.

Hope that's cleared it up for everybody.:)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
217-2 off 93 overs.

Lancs have 37 overs to take 1, 4 or 7 wickets to earn any of the 3 bowling bonus points available.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Titanic said:
217-2 off 93 overs.

Lancs have 37 overs to take 1, 4 or 7 wickets to earn any of the 3 bowling bonus points available.

If they can lose two bowling points it'll be a right bonus. Means Lancs will have to score at least 400 to keep it in their own hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here