Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool FC - New Stadium Approved

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
What I do find strange though is that Everton were turned down or basically advised not to try for a stadium in Stanley Park but it seems ok for Liverpool to have one there.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Skopje BHA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thimble Keegan said:
What I do find strange though is that Everton were turned down or basically advised not to try for a stadium in Stanley Park but it seems ok for Liverpool to have one there.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Skopje BHA
They didn't believe Everton would be able to finance it, apparently.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Easy 10 said:
They didn't believe Everton would be able to finance it, apparently.

Interesting, Liverpool want the council to help them out too. As it is Stanley Park must be an AONB if Falmer is.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Interesting, Liverpool want the council to help them out too. As it is Stanley Park must be an AONB if Falmer is.

Stanley Park is certainly not an AONB it's a gravel-covered car park/waste ground type thing. Shame though, Anfield is great and all this money etc just to get another 12000 seats in.

WestStandLad

Jan 28, 2004
Sussex
60,000 is the highest amount the council would let them build at this time. Mainly due to the access to that part of Liverpool. I've no doubt they'll increse when the surronding area is brought up to standard. Anfield is one of the most run down area's in the whole of Liverpool. Rick Parry has also stated that anything over 65,000 nearly doubles the cost of the entire project:ohmy:

I know it's on a totally different scale, but why can't the LDC see the positives like Liverpool City Council? I do appreciate we are totally overflowing with football stadiums in this part of the World though:shootself

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
Quality comment from a red Scally on Talk Shite last night when Parry & Townsend were discussing the possibility of Liverpool & Everton ground sharing in the new stadium. He suggested that the main end for the Liverpool fans could be called The Kop and the Everton end would be called The Not Much Kop:lolol:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
elwheelio said:
Stanley Park is certainly not an AONB it's a gravel-covered car park/waste ground type thing. Shame though, Anfield is great and all this money etc just to get another 12000 seats in.

I'd have thought in this day and age they could have got the extra seats in someohow at Anfield.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Weirdly, Liverpool city council is controlled by, er, the Liberal Democrats.

What everyone seems to forget though is Liverpool are one of the biggest and most succesful clubs in the world where as we are a tinpot secong rate south coast club in a town populated by Cockneys - Liverpool i feel may have slightly more clout when it comes to matters of stadiums etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here