Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 5th Anniversary Auction Planned

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
5th anniversary on line auction planned. This letter will go out to all 92 football clubs and some in Scotland. Any donations from the good people of NSC would be great. Please PM me.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/madam

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund
5th Anniversary Auction

I am writing regarding the 5th anniversary of the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund and a special auction we are planning to do.

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund was borne from the terrorist attacks in New York on 11/9/01 when Robert Eaton an avid Brighton & Hove Albion supporter was working in the Twin Towers and was one of the 67 Britons who died that terrible day.

The fund came together with a special charity football match in November 2001 when Brighton & Hove Albion FC supporters and Crystal Palace FC put aside fierce rivalry to play in Robert Eaton’s honour. The fund supports children to play football in the name of Robert Eaton and supports youngsters from 5-16 who may not otherwise be given the opportunity to play.

We have given a 3 year funding package to Los Peladitos from Queen’s, New York to 230 Hispanic under privildeged children and in the last couple of years have given support and funding to 5 local football clubs in the Brighton & Hove area and a club in Croydon in recognition of the fantastic support Crystal Palace fans have given.

The fund raised £ 25000 in the few months after 11/9/01 and we have played 5 anniversary football matches, 2 at Withdean, the home of Brighton & Hove Albion and 4 golf days and the fund has raised £ 40000 in total from matches, donations and auctions.

It is vital to keep the fund going and we need items such as signed football shirts, balls or club memorabilia to auction and raise much needed funds. This fund has given pleasure to hundreds of children who may be on the streets or getting into trouble if it were not for the love of Football. What better way to honour Robert Eaton’s memory I am sure you will agree.

We are very proud of this fund and what the 2 clubs of BHAFC and CPFC supporters and what can be achieved as a beacon of light from such a terrible and evil tragedy.

I hope you will see it in your heart to support our fund.

At least an auction means that you wont be selling raffle tickets on the basis that certain prizes are being offered then removing the best prizes to put on ebay (allegedly) when you don't think you've raised enough money, much unlike a completely different NSC related fundraiser that has nothing to do with this, or any, charity whatsoever.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have never done an auction with Raffle Tickets or sold anything on e bay. Can you elaborate on this accusation ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry...my pm done before this!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shame you spolit the thread by suggesting the REMF would somehow do the same.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Me, Julie, Roz, Ed and Simon went to see Los Peladitos in 2002 , Douglas and Laura Eaton went in 2002 as well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry Kylie eveything is Sweet mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here