Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards signs for Sheffield United

Dies Irae said:
who cost us £100k?

we received 250k for a player from coke and this went on him.....

Not quite, the £250k (the total deal was a little bit short of that) also included 3 years' wages, only one and a bit have been paid out. I'm assuming we get the keep the other two years, a figure slightly less than £100k, but it could be a question for Insider.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry...Steve just answered my point. I will ask paul

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion have reluctantly accepted a bid from Sheff United for CKR. He will discuss terms at Bramall Lane tomorrow

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know they are desperte but I didn't know how desperate.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
By Paul Camillin

Albion have tonight reluctantly accepted a bid from Sheffield United for Colin Kazim-Richards, and the striker will be at Bramall Lane tomorrow to discuss personal terms with the aim of concluding a deal ahead of the midnight transfer deadline.

Kazim-Richards, who played around 50 minutes for the reserves in tonight's match with Crystal Palace, handed in a transfer request after being left out of the starting line up for the opening match of the season at Rotherham.

The 20-year-old striker arrived at Albion last summer from Bury in a blaze of publicity, as the club used the £250,000 Coca-Cola Win A Player prize money to fund the transfer.

He scored six goals in the Championship last season, but the Londoner failed to establish himself as an Albion regular. After being left on the bench for the Rotherham match, Kazim-Richards made clear his desire to leave the club.

Mark McGhee said, "Colin made it clear to me he no longer wished to play for Brighton & Hove Albion; as a result we have reluctantly accepted the bid from Sheffield United.

"I am really disappointed and I feel personally let down by Colin. We gave him the chance to get out of Bury and I don't think he's repaid us for that. We felt Colin could have built his career here at Brighton."

Meanwhile Albion expect to conclude a deal for a new striker ahead of tomorrow's midnight transfer deadline.

Last edited:

It's a bit un-nerving that they don't mention the size of the bid :(

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:

Meanwhile Albion expect to conclude a deal for a new striker ahead of tomorrow's midnight transfer deadline.

But Oliver and Hardy are dead surely?:down:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:

Trying to encourage a bidding war? They want to sell him at the highest price - will surely keep others second-guessing the bids?

Rufio

Aug 19, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Trying to encourage a bidding war? They want to sell him at the highest price - will surely keep others second-guessing the bids?
Not if we've already accepted a bid.

£150k would be a disappointment.

Bakesy said:
My source is not CKR, but someone else within the club.You can apologise to me tomorrow.

You can have you apology before then :) Sorry Bakesy for doubting your source.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Rufio said:
Not if we've already accepted a bid.

£150k would be a disappointment.

Hadn't thought of that.

Maybe that is Sheffields insistance? I dont know

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Bugger....I think CKR has the chance to make it. It's interesting that we've now "lost" three players to Premiership or Championship sides:

CKR, Jarrett, and Carole.

Also interesting that all of them were signed by McGhee.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
London Irish said:
It's probably not very much, but we must also take into account that if he had stayed and rotted in the reserves, he would have decreased in value and his wages would still have been paid, so better off to get shot and get someone in that is prepared to work for this club.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Guess its a pretty low fee, with a decent sell on clause. Hope the money and fredd up wages allows us to buy someone decent tomorrow, and maybe a leftback as well. Prehaps Shipperley might be coming the other way as part of the deal?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's pretty obvious the bid is less than they fear fans are expecting. McGhee wants him out so much, they could have taken anything. If it was £200k, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Could be £100-150,000.

El Turi said:
£150,000 was what I heard CKR's Dad mention at the game tonight.

I have to say if that's true, it's rotten business, but I'll wait to hear the official figure before properly having a hernia :(

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here