Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Middlesex

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I'll think we'll stick with Monty for this season. He's an integral part of the side one of the best short leg catchers in the business and he'll come good with the bat. We do need to replace Rana though. Ace will pick up an injury sooner rather than later and Dirty isn't the same now he is legal.

Chaminda Vass maybe or is he already with a county? What about Van Der Wath, he wasn't that bad.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Chaminda Vaas has never done it in England and looks to be beyond his best years now.

How about an Indian bowler once they have finished touring West Indies. Maybe a youngster like Sreesanth.

Is Irfan Pathan signed up to anyone as he would be quality - can bat quite a bit as well and would be useful coming in at 3 in the one dayers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
What about Van Der Wath, he wasn't that bad.

:ohmy: He was shocking...how many wickets did he take? Very, very few.

A useful hitter in the one-dayers but not really a strike bowler.

Sussex should either pick an opening bowler or an opening batsman - they've got quite enough bits-and-pieces players as it is.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why does it have to be a test player?

Neither Rana nor Mushy were test regulars when we picked them up. Surely it's more skillful to find a player on the fringe of the side who could do a job (and more beneficial to Sussex).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
So India, New Zealand or Australia?

Please not Shaun Tait.

Oh forgot to mention India join the Sri Lankans and South Africa for a one day tournament in August.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ajit Agarkar was the only Indian bowler to come out with any credit whatsoever from the recent 4-1 drubbing by West Indies in the one day series.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
77/1, we're a bit slow today.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Fair enough, I will trust your judgment as I don't really know him very well, and from what I remember the word "wayward" seems familiar.

I do wonder if it is going to be a better plan scourering the second strings of some of the international teams (did not want to use 'A-Team') as there are normally the odd gems in there and they have more to prove.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here