Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC - how bloody slow !!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Finally received a reply from my email of the 28th Feb !!!! As per usual they seem very unwilling to discuss anything - typical politicians really !

Westdene Seagull,

I am replying to the email that you sent to Councillor De Vecchi concerning the Falmer decision. The resolution to challenge the decision of the Deputy Prime Minister was made by the Cabinet of Lewes District Council, it was not the decision of an individual councillor. The Cabinet took that decision following legal advice that the decision was flawed in a number of respects. You can see a copy of the grounds of the challenge on the LDC website.

The Crown Prosecution Service is currently considering whether the use of the poster to which you refer constitutes a criminal offence and that decision rests entirely with them. They will make their decision known in due course.

John Crawford
Chief Executive
tel 01273 484170
Fax 01273 484203
john.crawford@lewes.gov.uk

>>> "Westdene Seagull"
28/02/2006 13:50:18
>>> >>>

Dear Councillor De Vecchi,

I find myself having to write to you following your vindictive complaint against a fellow Brighton and Hove Albion supporter over a wanted poster.
Frankly the complaint demonstrates clearly why the British public no longer trust and actually despise politicians such as yourself. It shows you to be both arrogant and childish as well as cowardly. Constantly throughout the recent events surrounding the Falmer application you have hidden behind the guise of Lewes District Council, the Police and now the CPS to conduct your vindictive campaign rather that have the courage to stand up and speak for yourself. You have wasted police resources for your own political agenda and now seem intent on doing the same with CPS resources. As a tax payer I deplore the waste of money your petty, ill-informed complaint has generated.
One would hope elected representatives actually had the intelligence to accept valid, truthful criticism - you clearly do not.

As a taxpayer and voter I demand you retract this complaint.

Yours sincerely,

Westdene Seagull

Westdene Seagull said:
The Crown Prosecution Service is currently considering whether the use of the poster to which you refer constitutes a criminal offence and that decision rests entirely with them. They will make their decision known in due course.
What the feck do LDC think they are doing - getting involved with a case that relates to an alleged offence that cannot possibly involve a local authority?

And why are they communicating with ANYONE about this?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here