Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arsenal, what a difference a decade makes

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
ten years ago, you would be familiar with the chart, "boring,boring arsenal" and they always had the meanest defence in the league, often winning matches one nil, who'd mess with

Dixon Adams Bould Winterburn

Now, last season they were the premiership's highest scorers, but had quite a leaky defence,

Luzhny Stephanovs Cygan Lauren

not quite as imposing(ok i doubt this lot hardly ever played together, but Keown is looking increasingly shaky now so he also is a liability now)

no more boring boring arsenal, but I bet there fans wish they could get their defence sorted, strange how things turn out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably Wolves signing Luzhny means they like to concede a few as well ?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
probably, i felt sorry for the guy though, as on the day of the fa cup final, everyone was saying how he'd be the weakness, but he proved them wrong and had a decent game:thumbsup2

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Nothing wrong with Lauren, i actually think he's been one of their better players, shame above the rest on that list tho :lolol:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
yeah, i was just a bit stuck for the last player
it only takes one player to destroy a defence, just ask Man Utd with Laurent Blanc, and Arsenal mainly with Cygan(Luzhny+stephanovs didnt really play much)

Attachments

• Income.PNG
    Income.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 837
  • Albion PL.PNG
    Albion PL.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 822
  • Staff.PNG
    Staff.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 831
  • Revised PL.PNG
    Revised PL.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 808
  • Player spend.PNG
    Player spend.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 819

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I agree re the shakey defence and perhaps more worryingly for Gooners, their financial position isn't great - could they be the next Leeds?

On the otherhand should we care less about premiership football?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey..where did you drag this from

1066gull

Is it me or is Harry Redknapp turning Pompey in to a second rate Arsenal?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Back when they were crap , does my memory deceive me but did they have an injury crises and have a goal keeper on the bench (as an outfield player) who may have come on. ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here