Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Bailey' Manager - who can remember ?.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
All people who have young children or live more than 100 miles away, please note that dwayne and Ernest don't think you are proper fans if you stop going to every game for a few years.

It's another case of he's a better fan than someone else.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Everyone knows I am Brighton's No 1 fan ;)

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Yorkie said:
All people who have young children or live more than 100 miles away, please note that dwayne and Ernest don't think you are proper fans if you stop going to every game for a few years.

It's another case of he's a better fan than someone else.

I have two small children and live over 200 miles away. I attend regularly. I'm a great fan:clap:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Ernest said:
Mike Bailey was the victim of the whingers and moaners who not being able to criticise the team for winning then decided to moan about the style of play.
Thus from going to places like Anfield, White Hart Lane and The Dell when Keegan was playing and winning we started to lose to teams like Luton 5-0.
If Mike Bailey had been allowed to continue his policy of building from the back and grinding out 1-0 wins then we would never have been relegated in 1983 and might never have got into financial strife all those years later.

Are you sure that this is your own work Ernest? The whole of this post is accurate and makes good sense!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
hove born&bred said:
I remember he scaled the East Terrace to avoid Vinnicombe who had been tipped off he was about to be sacked and was waiting in New Town Road.

John told me that he bumped in to Mike Bailey some years later at Victoria Station. The first words that Mike said to Vinnicombe were, "Are you still writing all that crap."

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bailey was a gung ho lunatic compared to that last night.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Our support away from home after the first season in the top flight was an embarrassment. We regularly had less than 100 fans at away games.

That season under Bailey featured

Going FIFTH in the top division on September 22 1981, our highest ever position, only tried and tested loyal fans were there in a piss poor attendance of 12,000 at Molyneux.

Drawing 3-3 against Liverpool at home, and beating them 1-0 at Anfield

Defeating Arsenal at home and drawing away.

Tanking Man City 4-1 at the Goldstone, with Robinson and Ritchie running riot.

There were a lot of Albion fans at the Spurs away game. Behind the goal where Robinson scored. A pissed off looking Clemence picking up the ball from the net.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here