surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
blockhseagull said:
Fit in ?

He bought 500k worth of shares a year or so ago i believe

Someone should let him know where the stadium is then

Most Brighton fans were hoping for a sedate summer, maybe adding one or two new faces whilst staying within the strict spending restrictions enforced on them by their temporary home at Falmer, it's reduced capacity, vastly lower income and therefore playing budget (apparently the lowest in the Championship).
http://www.skint.net/main.htm

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Titanic said:
Scenario: You are £11m in debt, someone repays £3m that you had lent them.

a) you pay off some of the £11m debt because you aren't going to do it any other way

b) you blow the £3m on 'stuff'

What i meant was can any of it be diverted to the playing side.....not all 3m, maybe only 500k.

My point being is has it been promised to some of our debtors or is it to do with what we wish (pay debts or spend)

Wasn't suggesting we blow it all, merely are our hands tied with it's future

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rumour is all it is, until the cash is in the bank and this "investor" comes forward it's all pie in the sky.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
bugs hill - Thanks for your post and the analysis on the previous page. Most imformative. This is a separate debate but unfortunately your post won't be understood (or even read ) by the 'back of a fag packet' people who post on here. You know the sort, they think that as we start each new season with 0 points we also start with 0 accrued deficit and thus you see posts saying stuff like "Where's all the money gone from Zamora, Spurs, play-off final, Virgo, etc? Surely the club can spend that on new players?"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bugs Hill, thanks for that, although it has made me even more depressed about what appears to be going on. I hope you have not pinpointed the main sticking point -

Bugs Hill said:
. A fall-out with somebody who has already loaned money to the club, and could threaten to demand repayment, is potentially far more damaging than a fall-out with a potential new investor.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bill Archer has ruled out a takeover attempt. Speaking today

B1B33612-32BC-45B7-ACF5-F7337FDFFE7E.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports