Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the thing is....

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
the peas are no longer in the equation, owing to the fact that the dish over balanced and they are now all over the draining board.

and ive had a bit of a disaster with the spuds, owing to the fact that i put a bit too much milk in and its got the consistency of thick milk shake:down:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
555kaz said:
Once water is drained away, add knob of butter and small amount of milk and begin to mash. When they spuds are mostly mashed add a couple of spoons of mustard and some black pepper and carry on mashing/mixing in

Now get yellow pages and look under T for take away restaurants, select type of menu required and call, not forgetting to give your order and your address. Upon hearing knock on the door, pay nice delivery man and apologise for the smoke. Unwrap the delivered package
After that should all be ready to serve up, and sample the delights. Failing that retrieve your turkey steaks and mash from bin, place on a plate with peas from earlier and down with 20 "Andrews Antacid Pills" ;)

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
seagullion said:
the peas are no longer in the equation, owing to the fact that the dish over balanced and they are now all over the draining board.

and ive had a bit of a disaster with the spuds, owing to the fact that i put a bit too much milk in and its got the consistency of thick milk shake:down:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i give up. i have had an afternoon of culinary disasters.
no peas
no mash
and just when im thinking to myself 'never mind, youve still got your turkey steaks' what happens? the element goes on the cooker and everything is cold. and thats not all

as i was scraping said disasters into the dogs bowl my mobile fell out my top pocket into a heap of slushy mash and its blocked up all the speaker holes. :down:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
seagullion said:
i give up. i have had an afternoon of culinary disasters.
no peas
no mash
and just when im thinking to myself 'never mind, youve still got your turkey steaks' what happens? the element goes on the cooker and everything is cold. and thats not all

as i was scraping said disasters into the dogs bowl my mobile fell out my top pocket into a heap of slushy mash and its blocked up all the speaker holes. :down:

The takeaway will be open soon.

Talking of peas, on Friday evening I cooked Cumberland chipolatas, mash and marrowfat peas. I was coming through the double doors from the kitchen carrying both plates on a tray with cutlery and the tray slipped in my hand.
I dropped both dinners on the living room floor (which fortnuately is laminated) We had to mop the floor after picking up broken plate and discarded food. The marrowfat peas went everywhere including inside one of the big speakers either side of the tv.
I swore rather loudly and Ned laughed.

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yorkie said:

Talking of peas, on Friday evening I cooked Cumberland chipolatas, mash and marrowfat peas. I was coming through the double doors from the kitchen carrying both plates on a tray with cutlery and the tray slipped in my hand.
I dropped both dinners on the living room floor (which fortnuately is laminated) We had to mop the floor after picking up broken plate and discarded food. The marrowfat peas went everywhere including inside one of the big speakers either side of the tv.

:lolol: :lolol:

NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
many thanks to all who tried (in vain) to help:clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Never made mustard mash before, sounds pretty good. A variation I like is to mix some chopped scallions in with the mash just before you beat it, can also add a little grated cheddar for a really tasty treat.

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Zed Seagull said:
Really fancy that mustard mash. Is that teaspoons of mustard or tablespoons? Or maybe desertspoons?

This thread is so funny by the way!!!:lolol:

The mustard is to taste, however I always try to use Dijon mustard as it's a bit milder and doesn't overpower the potato, also make sure it's really well mixed in with the mash.

Mods if you have a heart please this is NSC gold

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Gully said:
Never made mustard mash before, sounds pretty good. A variation I like is to mix some chopped scallions in with the mash just before you beat it, can also add a little grated cheddar for a really tasty treat.

If you ever make cheese sauce always put mustard in as it brings out the flavour of the cheese. Another free top tip spud mashers, not arf mate ;)

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Yorkie said:

I've told her If she wants me to help out by mopping the living room floor there are less extreme ways to get it done like 'asking' :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
You haven't heard what constitutes Yorkie "Asking":jester:

NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
king prawn schezuan on its way from happy chef in seaford.

happy days are here again :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here