Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Important!!! - BHAFC to be taken over

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I know that the takeover by 8 Jan did not happen but I had an update yesterday regarding the issue.

Apparently the takeover is still on but DK has been concerned about letting the guy see the books.

He is now being given access to the books though and things are still progressing.

Again, I have to say that this is from a good source close to the club.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Withdean and I said:
I know that the takeover by 8 Jan did not happen but I had an update yesterday regarding the issue.

Apparently the takeover is still on but DK has been concerned about letting the guy see the books.

He is now being given access to the books though and things are still progressing.

We'll keep watching then. Is it a big name, or someone that none of us are likely to have heard of?

If it's Posh and Becks looking to invest money, the reading of the books could take quite some time.....

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Happy Seagull said:
It's Tom Jones isn't it? :jester:

Well, it's not unusual for him to want to come back to the green, green grass of home - even if home is Falmer!

Do you think he'll bring Delilah?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Withdean and I said:

How do you talk about a takeover whilst not wanting the buyer to see the books? Either DK isn't letting go or this is a non starter imo, same end result though

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Withdean and I said:

He's having to borrow a copy of Build a Bonfire as he sold his on ebay last month to provide MM with some transfer money.

Its is that sort of book is guess ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is surely crap ..... isn't the idea that the current setup prevents a single person actually controlling the club to avoid another Archer situation ? I'm sure that's what was stated when DK took over as Chairman. If so, no body can take over BHAFC.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Westdene Seagull said:
This is surely crap ..... isn't the idea that the current setup prevents a single person actually controlling the club to avoid another Archer situation ? I'm sure that's what was stated when DK took over as Chairman. If so, no body can take over BHAFC.

I thought that the emphasis was just to get Archer out completely.

Stumpy Tim

Westdene Seagull said:

Unless it's a consortium of course

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Westdene Seagull said:

surley Mr X can invest a large sum and become majoroty sharholder, effectivly controling the club however leaving DK and others as a minority???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
2 contending NSC Gold threads and it's only January 10.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'A good source close to the club'? But not someone actually AT the club. Not someone who would be party to this information?

I would have thought that if Dick believed that this person's inentions were genuine, clear, honest and acceptable, he would open the books straight away. If not, he wouldn't. So the 'opening of the books', assuming it's true of course, is not the issue - it's the intentions of the potential newcomer.

And someone going through the books is not a clear sign of an imminent takeover, especially when he starts to actually read them and realises what a shocking drain on resources there has been over the past eight years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean and I said:

Can't this thread, and the original one this clown started, be dumped in the 'Childish Ramblings' forum?

'Very Important!!!' my arse!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Curious Orange said:
I feel we need a larger array of flame smileys. One just seems inadequate.

:flameboun

no mate.. 1 is fine.. just needs to be much bigger!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here