REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Where from ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
from non-existance , only seen them play once (actually not even sure it was them?) :glare: but its a bloody good laugh !

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I saw loads of ice hockey when out in Vancouver, it was pretty damn fine actually

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
stateside , the anaheim duck rule though !

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Vancouver rule the North West League, I like Ice Hockey, the fightings pretty good too !!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think you saw the Brighton Tigers Braders, I could be wrong but I think they packed up in 1967 when the old ice rink was demolished (The Top Rank Centre was built in it's place). In the 1950s though they were the Man U of British Ice Hockey.

It might have been the Brighton Bengals you saw? An attempt to cash in on the 'Tigers' name. Not 100% certain. It would be brilliant if they came back though; Sussex CCC, the Albion, Bears and Tigers - 4 teams for us to support!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You're too young to have seen them play braders.

They were disbanded in the mid sixties because the old ice rink in West Street was demolished to make way for the Centre to be built and the new rink that was going to be built wasn't going to have the dimensions required for ice hockey.

I have many happy memories of going to the Goldstone ground on a Saturday afternoon and Ice Hockey on the Sunday night.

We were the champions at everything the year we disbanded. We had won the league and beaten Wembley Lions in the final of the Cup. Double champions and Brighton council let us die :angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
bengals ring a bell , thanks brovian !

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Where I used to work there wer eload sof Ice Hockey fans, SO I went to see the Bracknell Bees a few times as a couple of them had season tickets there, Quality entertainment.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
know that you mention it , i don't even rember where i saw it ,i was quite young ,BUT i do remember 2 blokes kicking the crap out of each other !

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
This would be fantastic. My late Grand Father was a forward for the Tigers in the 40's and 50's. Brilliant side of their day, as was he. Not many of those players alive any more.

He was always disappointed that they were allowed to fold, their tale was similar to the Albion's, needed a new ground (so to speak) none was found and they went out of existence.

What info do you have on the possibility of them being re-formed and god only knows where they would play?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
there doing up an ice-rink or something i heard!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I had a split ice hockey stick from one of those final games.

When the players damaged their sticks they would throw them to the side. Fans could go and collect one that was reasonably intact and get them autographed.

Mine was signed by Rupe Fresher who was the Canadian captain of the Tigers when we did the double.

(it has got lost over the years and various house moves :( )

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
It is a great sport, where a pre season friendly involves 5 fights and two long terms suspensions (Anaheim vs LA game that I saw a couple of years ago in LA), although it's not quite as good over here, I've seen the London Knights a couple of times and it is good fun.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
do we need a NSC Ice Hockey forum then :clap:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Used to go and watch the Sheffield Steelers when I was at Uni there. Top sport, fast and furious with the added bonus of being able to watch with a pint. If they come back I'd go and watch.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
redland said:
do we need a NSC Ice Hockey forum then :clap:
how long have i been banging on about an nsc 'all-sports thread' :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here