Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Ring

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Storer68 said:
he was rubbish...................... in a rubbish team

Tsk, if you can't say anything nice about the guy, maybe you should just keep your RING PEACE?:jester: :jester:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was hyped up by his mananger oat the time, I belive that it was Mullery, that he was going to be the bees knees but never fiulfilled his promise a bit like JR?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I am really disappointed the first post in this thread doesn’t just say

your mother.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Glenn Geard was another, a midfielder who Mullery said would play for England but never established himself with us even. I think he is doing or did the rounds of County League sides.

He was as good at 15, when he was very highly rated as he was when he reached 21 but he never got any better.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
BensGrandad said:
Glenn Geard was another, a midfielder who Mullery said would play for England but never established himself with us even. I think he is doing or did the rounds of County League sides.

He was as good at 15, when he was very highly rated as he was when he reached 21 but he never got any better.
I think he liked a beer. He was a very good non-league player when Southwick had a useful side.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I remember him as he played cricket in Newhaven with my Dad in the late 70s whilst he was an apprentice. He was a top lad from what I remember and he got my book "Albion" signed by the whole squad:clap: :clap:

He was a pretty useful cricketer too and I think Jake Robinson's Dad was in the same team too. Alan and Colin Wells also made the odd appearance - they were quite good:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Billy Seagull said:
I remember him as he played cricket in Newhaven with my Dad in the late 70s whilst he was an apprentice. He was a top lad from what I remember and he got my book "Albion" signed by the whole squad:clap: :clap:

He was a pretty useful cricketer too and I think Jake Robinson's Dad was in the same team too. Alan and Colin Wells also made the odd appearance - they were quite good:lolol:

I played against the third Wells brother when Colin and Alan were in the Sussex team, he was always up for a fight and once decided to have one with our captain at the end of the match.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
mona said:
that beat Charlton 7-0 !!!!!!

:dunce:
Would that be the same Charlton that came down here top of the table, unbeaten............:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Terry Connor was amongst the goals if my memory serves me correct.:bowdown: :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
El Presidente said:
I played against the third Wells brother when Colin and Alan were in the Sussex team, he was always up for a fight and once decided to have one with our captain at the end of the match.

Probably a case of jealous of living in brothers shadows

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
El Presidente said:
i know ray very well....we made him captain of our darts team.......he was always having a go at other teams. that was only last summer! he aint changed bless him:lolol: :lolol:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
see mike from time to time. he works for a company called rigby taylor (free advertising for a competitor of mine)

doesnt like to talk too much about the albion, but he remembers the 7-0 game when he came on as a sub. i then remind him how old he is! seem to remember it pissed it down that day, got soaked!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
woodster said:
see mike from time to time. he works for a company called rigby taylor (free advertising for a competitor of mine)

doesnt like to talk too much about the albion, but he remembers the 7-0 game when he came on as a sub. i then remind him how old he is! seem to remember it pissed it down that day, got soaked!!

rigby taylor? - what do they do.

Seem to remember Mike Ring selling grass seed to golf courses, etc.

Last edited:

pmc

Feb 27, 2012
rigby taylor? - what do they do.

Seem to remember Mike Ring selling grass seed to golf courses, etc.

Mike does indeed work for Rigby Taylor who are the biggest supplier of sports turf maintenance products in the country. He is a very knowledgeable guy as well as being a thoroughly nice chap.
He took me out for lunch last week and we talked quite a lot about his time at Brighton which he recalls with pride and pleasure, and his time at Hull which wasn't such a happy hunting ground.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCATVYAC3.jpg

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
i know ray very well....we made him captain of our darts team.......he was always having a go at other teams. that was only last summer! he aint changed bless him:lolol: :lolol:

I also played with and against Ray Wells. Loose cannon indeed. One game a batsman was given out caught. As he walked to the pavillion our fielder admitted he'd grounded the ball. We called him back to the crease but Ray was having none of it. He whipped the bails off and claimed a "run out" out much to our embarassment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here