Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward in last nights programme..

The bloke has supported Brighton for 4 years and yet feels qualified to tell every other fan via the official programme that they are a bit sad for having a rivalry with Palace. Well, he has "read" about the history... but feels this doesn't justify the friction that exists to this day. Well, fair enough Mr Ward, if you don't hate Palace because you weren't there in the 70's and 80's that's your right. But who are you to lecture the masses saying it "belittles" us as a club. Are you saying you didn't enjoy the special atmosphere the other Tuesday night? Would you prefer 200 people turned up, clapped meekly then sauntered off home with the match instantly forgotten? Had that been the case, would we still have won the game?
Palace games are part of what makes supporting Brighton special. I don't want to see anyone hurt or beaten up, but neither do I want to see the animosity lapse into ambivalence. The Palace fixtures were the first ones I looked for at the start of the season, and the game was my most enjoyable match for a long time. Can't wait for the return visit. What is wrong with that?
Mike Ward, please don't lecture me on how to support my club.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fans of premiership clubs don't understand, that is why he's written what he's written.

A leopard can never change it's spots.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lokki 7 said:
The bloke has supported Brighton for 4 years and yet feels qualified to tell every other fan via the official programme that they are a bit sad for having a rivalry with Palace. Well, he has "read" about the history... but feels this doesn't justify the friction that exists to this day. Well, fair enough Mr Ward, if you don't hate Palace because you weren't there in the 70's and 80's that's your right. But who are you to lecture the masses saying it "belittles" us as a club. Are you saying you didn't enjoy the special atmosphere the other Tuesday night? Would you prefer 200 people turned up, clapped meekly then sauntered off home with the match instantly forgotten? Had that been the case, would we still have won the game?
Palace games are part of what makes supporting Brighton special. I don't want to see anyone hurt or beaten up, but neither do I want to see the animosity lapse into ambivalence. The Palace fixtures were the first ones I looked for at the start of the season, and the game was my most enjoyable match for a long time. Can't wait for the return visit. What is wrong with that?
Mike Ward, please don't lecture me on how to support my club.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: respect
:bowdown:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

theweasel

Aug 27, 2003
Eastbourne
Well said that man (lokki7)!!
Even more surprising though, why has the club even printed such rubbish ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have put a note to INSIDER and also pm's harty for his explanation.

the bloke is a cock and should be hounded out of the club.

he is weeding his way in to the management of the club and I recon the twat will end up as club press officer.....Paul camllin watch your back!!!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
What an idiot. He obviously thinks he can just disregard the clubs histrory and traditions with one wave of his hand. Trigger has summed it up by saying he is just Premiership supporter and he is just that. Let's face it, since our return Withdean if those had been uneventfull and crap years he wouldn't have given our club a second glance.

I cannot believe the club allowed that to goto print, who edits 'Seagull' anyway?

I think the club need to know how we all feel about this.

Well said Lokki.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, Ward has given us good publicity in his work for national tabloids. He should not be pilloried for one misguided comment.

Shame, because I usually find him quite amusing. I have often tried to explain to people who don't support the Albion about the hatred I feel for them. In many ways I can't explain it, I really can't. It sounds quite childish when I do try to explain, of course it is quite childish, but it is part of me that I don't wanna change. Why should I? As stated earlier, it makes the games between us so special.

Nothing makes my blood boil more than seeing a car with a Palace sticker in it! Not even a car full of pensioners in a Micra or Rover pulling out in front of me on a windy road that will allow no overtaking, doing 30mph, when I'm late, need a wee, and just desperate to get somewhere. Nothing!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant express how pissed off I was reading Mike Wards shit on the train home last night.

Who the f*** does he think he is? His book was crap, and his column last season was total gash, all this from a bloke who started supporting us 5 years ago after defecting from Arsenal becasue of a midlife crisis.

Mike Ward, if you dont like our traditions and feel the need to belittle them go and support Worthing you tit.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I didn't read his column - I never do, it's dull and too self-regarding like most columnists - but if he was saying "I can't see why the Palace game is different to any other fixture", then he's plainly talking pure steaming arsewater.

But if he said "some people seem to care more about "hating" Palace than they do about staying up and/or getting Falmer", then I'd agree with him. Still can't be arsed to go and check though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here