Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dizzee Rascal LIVE in the city

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Mercury Music Prize winner Dizzee Rascal is among the top acts coming to Brighton for a week-long live music festival hosted by Radio One.

The 19-year-old rapper will perform at The Dome as part of the One Live In Brighton event next month.

Other acts pencilled in include Jane's Addiction, Starsailor, Basement Jaxx, Usher, Sean Paul, The Music, Cooper Temple Clause, Steven Malkmus and Brighton rockers The Electric Soft Parade.

Radio One DJs such as John Peel, Pete Tong, Sara Cox, Chris Moyles and Brighton-based Annie Nightingale will present their shows live from venues across the city.

The station will be staging and broadcasting a series of gigs and club nights from October 27 to November 2.

As well as the main acts, grass roots musical talent will be given a chance to shine through One Line Alternative, a selection of free events featuring local artists and DJs.

The One Live Cafe will host seminars and informal chats fronted by leading music industry figures.

Jason Carter, the station's executive producer for live music and events, said: "This is one of Radio One's biggest events across our live music calendar and we are delighted to be taking it to Brighton this year.

"In total we'll be putting on over 40 UK and international artists across the week.

"On top of that there's a mass of homegrown talent taking part in One Live Alternative, which is something we're really excited about."

Starsailor and The Electric Soft Parade will perform at The Dome for Steve Lamacq's show on the opening day of the festival, October 27.

Sean Paul and Dizzee Rascal will be at the same venue the following night, while Hot Hot Heat and Franz Ferdinand play the Concorde 2 and Steven Malkmus performs for John Peel at the Corn Exchange.

Dizzee Rascal, real name Dylan Mills, last week beat off competition from the likes of Radiohead, Coldplay and The Darkness to win the 2003 Mercury Music Prize for his album, Boy In Da Corner.

A venue has not yet been set for Pete Tong's Essential Selection on October 31, featuring Basement Jaxx.

The same night Freeland, Evil 9 and Ills will perform for Annie Nightingale's show at the Concorde.

US R&B singer Usher will be among Trevor Nelson's guests for the final show on November 2.

For more details and ticket information, call the Radio One Live Events line on 08700 100100 or visit www.bbc.co.uk/radio1

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh screw that The Movielife aint playing :angry:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
dizzie can f*** right off out of this town, !!!

i thought it was a free gig on madeira drive taking place?!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Popkins, you know you want to come, i reckon you are just scared that you might enjoy it!!

:p

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Come on Popkins, you know you want to come, i reckon you are just scared that you might enjoy it!!

:p

if you pay for me chappers, i'll come along. then again I dont want to be part of a gangland shooting in the dome when the "So solid crew" roll into town with all there 'Bling bling!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
£15? No waaay

I'll be wearing a bullet proof jacket just in case So Solid do decide to show....

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Go and see Starsailor and Electric Soft PArade the night before, much better night out with quality music. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Starsailor?

Miserable ****s.

Surprise surprise, chappers thinks starsailor are miserable. Their new album is not miserable at all and is actually a quite upbeat album in places and they are excellent live. The concert mad eeven better by the fact that Electric Soft Parade ar eplaying and they are excellent live too.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
got starsailors new album this morning, sounds good so far.
want to go and see them but have so many gigs planned-
'The Thrills, Athlete, shed 7,
dont know if i can afford this one as well.
saw them at V2002 ,they were on of the best acts there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but Starsailor's first album really did bore the hell out of me, i'll give the new one a listen as the general consensus on here is that its quite good but unfortunately i can't really get into indie music at the moment, it just isn't going anywhere.

Good boys the ESP....

Did you see what Chris Rock said after Coldplays performance on the MTV Awards?

'I hope you didn't slit your wrists to that!!'

True true. Just about sums it up for me.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

LOL I missed that, would've loved to of seen it :clap2:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

After seeing their dire passionless performance at V2003 my opinion of coldplay has gone down a bit, don't think its wrist slitting music but I was bored to tears at V2003. Might be sometihng to do with an awesome Foo fighters Gig before hand.

Oh and the new album is much more upbeat than the old one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here