Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf 4

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Kev,
It'll be no problem setting up the golf match again whenever a date is proposed.
Have you got all of the addresses for the cpfc golfers now? Last year there was a bit of a problem with your numbers.
Tony.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
A friday in June be best again i think.

Tony will also be sending you a cheque soon, im a definate for 2 of your 4 so far i think.

As for numbers, i have a little bit more time than last year 2 sort it so will kick some palace arses.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had a meeting with the Eatons 2 weeks ago. We all want REMF 4 to happen and have pencilled in Friday 13th May at 7.30 pm. I have asked Lord B to see if he can get approval for this. I will also e mail Sally Townsend as I know Lord B is very busy. I will confirm a date as soon as we have one but feel hopeful Albion will continue to support us in using Withdean.

Please PM Fatboy, Dave the Gaffer etc to let them know.

Gareth Glover said:
I had a meeting with the Eatons 2 weeks ago. We all want REMF 4 to happen and have pencilled in Friday 13th May at 7.30 pm. I have asked Lord B to see if he can get approval for this. I will also e mail Sally Townsend as I know Lord B is very busy. I will confirm a date as soon as we have one but feel hopeful Albion will continue to support us in using Withdean.

Please PM Fatboy, Dave the Gaffer etc to let them know.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I had a chance at the Public Inquiry to speak with both Dick Knight and Martin Perry.

They were both keen to continue to support REMF, but Martin said that there was a very real likelihood that Withdean wouldn't be available to us at the end of this season. DC Leisure (who are the City Council's main management agents for Withdean - Albion just manage the stadium for football matches) apparently want to do some major maintenance work on the playing surface, and wish to start this as soon as the last Albion game of the season is over. As far as Martin understands the situation, this probably rules out any possibility of the pitch being available on Friday 13th May.

So we will have to rethink the arrangement. Maybe another venue on the same date? Or maybe a different date?

Over to you, Gareth.

I've just had a phone call from Gareth Glover (who is currently unable to get on to NSC except at weekends).

REMF have been offered the use of Withdean Stadium for the 2005 match against Crystal Palace supporters on Friday 29 April, kick-off 7.30pm.

This is not an ideal date - Albion are away at Rotherham the following day, and Palace are away at Newcastle United. But it's the only practical date available to us.

I spoke with both Dick Knight and Martin Perry during a break in the Public Inquiry and they indicated that DC Leisure are planning to do some major work to the Withdean pitch, immediately the season finishes. This means that it cannot be made available for a game after the end of the season.

But - as always - the Club are being as helpful as they can be.

I guess there will be a lot of people going to Rotherham. I'll certainly be one of them. It won't be the first time that the last away game of the season will be part of a whole weekend of being completely knackered! A pre-match cup victory will just lift the spirits.

Let the struggle for a place in the team begin!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here