Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song titles or lyrics that are palpably untrue.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
What lyrics wind you up as they are idiotic statements or simply untrue.

There are a couple for me:

R Kelly with his assetion that he was in fact 'A River".

I've seen the guy onTV and he is not remotely aquatic.

Lemar states " There's not much justice in the world'

A statement I feel that would raise hackles in and around Lincolns Inn and other QC chambers.

The legendary Simon and Garfunkel were not as they claimed 'A Rock' but in fact a very succesful duo.

Any others that really get your goat???

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Chesney Hawkes claimed he was the "one and only". That may or may not be true, depending on what he was referring to. "One and only member of the Andrew Ridgely fan club in Horsted Keynes", maybe - otherwise, he may bullshitting.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I used to absolutely scream at the radio to that "Save the best 'til last" song. At least i think that's what it was called, I was always to busy shouting at it, because it's just WRONG.

"Sometimes the snow comes down in June,
sometimes the SUN GOES ROUND THE MOON"

NO it :censored: doesn't. It doesn't move at all, wouldn't fit between us and the moon, and if it ever :censored: tried, we're toast.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Its The End Of The World As We Know It - REM

Well I knew it yesterday as a mass of Rock/Water/Oxygen and all that stuff and its still like that today...so its not the end is it?!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

I'm sorry but to be "troubled" you need at least a Brain & Soul to experience moments of sadness/happiness etc etc, so how can Water be troubled?! just stupid!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Big fat gaylord Elton John firmly states that 'sorry seems to be the hardest word'

This is clearly untrue. ask any young foreign student to pronounce the word antidisetablishmentarianism and then sorry and I think it is clear which word is easier.

Shut it John!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Goldie Lookin Chain State "Guns don't kill people Rappers do", surely a foolish statement if ever Ive heard one !!!

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Isn't it Ironic by Alan Morris, in which she lists a load of things which are unfortunate (rain on your wedding day, a free ride you've already paid for, good advice you didn't take etc) but certainly aren't ironic, thus proving that people across the pond don't understand what irony actually is.

Then she wails 'Isn't it ironic, don't you think?' No I don't Alanis, you horse-faced old boot.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Now I know all about nature, I did geography at school. I know about rain, snow, sleet, sun, everything.

I think therefore from my substantial knowledge base that there is absolutely no chance of wind of any sort, crying and in particular crying the name Mary.

Sorry Jimmi ya drugged up fuckwit. I ain't buying that one.

Last edited:

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
The Large One said:
We Dream the Same Dream - but does Belinda Carlisle actually dream about my pet dog, dressed in a gimp suit, whipping Sandy Toksvig to within an inch of her life with an implement made from rusty iron?

I think not.

You have that dream too? :eek:

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Albion Rob said:
When any fans, except those of the Brazil 1970 World Cup side, sings: "We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen."

I think it's called "IRONY".

I fail to believe a single fan has ever been serious. Although I do remember hearing an irate Crispies berating fans for this song, so he obviously thought it was serious.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Barnet Seagull said:
Now I know all about nature, I did geography at school. I know about rain, snow, sleet, sun, everything.

I think therefore from my substantial knowledge base that there is absolutely no chance of wind of any sort, crying and in particular crying the name Mary.

Sorry Jimmi ya drugged up fuckwit. I ain't buying that one.

That song was written for my mum's cousin, but I digress.

The 'Do they know it's christmas time' line in the band aid song really pisses me off. Lots of them probably don't, and I doubt very much that they care.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The woeful Curtis Stigers claims that: "Love is an anger that burns deep inside." Surely it's indigestion that the twat with the sax is actually talking about?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
George Michael claimed he was never going to dance again. Now, I know that he has failed to stick to that promise. Unless he had lost his legs prior to releasing that song, but has since gained new ones. In that case, I'll let him off with a warning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here