[NSC] Is this Groundhog Day?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Films that use time loops

Turn Back the Clock
1933 '
After marrying for love, tobacconist Joe is hit by a car, and wakes up 20 years in the past. He decides to relive his life and marry a wealthy woman instead of his true love.

Repeat Performance
A woman shoots her husband on New Year's Eve 1946 then wishes that she could relive the year all over again. Will she make the same choice a second time?

Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
The students of Tomobiki high school relive the day before the school festival over and over again.

Mirror for a Hero
Zerkalo dlya geroya a Soviet Union film by Vladimir Khotinenko. Two heroes circle multiple times in 1949, adapting to the harsh post-war life, meeting the parents of one of them, finally returning to the present time, having reassessed their attitude towards elders.

12:01 PM
This is the first film adaptation of the short story "12:01 PM" by Richard A. Lupoff, which was published in 1973 in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. It originally aired on cable television as part of the Showtime 30-Minute Movie anthology series. It was nominated for an Academy Award.

Groundhog Day
Self-centered television weatherman Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is forced to relive the same day over and over again.

12:01
Office worker Barry Thomas is forced to relive the worst day of his life.

Christmas Every Day
An American television movie based on William Dean Howells' 1892 short story "Christmas Every Day". A selfish teenager is forced to relive the same Christmas every day.

Retroactive
A psychiatrist makes multiple trips through time to save a woman who was murdered by her husband.

Run Lola Run
A woman needs to obtain 100,000 Deutsche Mark in twenty minutes to save her boyfriend's life—and gets three tries to do so. Not featuring time loops in the strict sense the German action film illustrates the butterfly effect / chaos theory.

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Huey, Dewey, and Louie must repeat Christmas Day until they come to learn the true meaning of Christmas.

Naken
On the day of his wedding, Anders wakes up naked in an elevator. As he attempts to piece together the reason for his predicament, the day repeats itself, and he becomes stuck in a time loop.

If Only
A man (Paul Nicholls) tries to avert destiny when he gets an opportunity to relive the day his lover (Jennifer Love Hewitt) died in an auto accident.

12 Days of Christmas Eve
Calvin is an executive and as Christmas nears he becomes so preoccupied in clinching a deal that he fails to notice the preparations being made for the holidays by his girlfriend and son. On Christmas Eve itself Calvin is hurt in an accident and it takes nurse Angie to make him realize how he can make up for lost time.

Camp Slaughter (also known as Camp Daze)
A group of present-day teenagers are sent back to 1981, and discover a summer camp which is stuck reliving the day a demented killer went on a rampage.

Salvage
Claire encounters horror and murder after finishing a day working at a convenience store, not once but many times. An official selection of the 2006 Sundance Festival.

Timecrimes
Hector, a middle-aged man, is chased by an unidentified bandaged man. He meets a scientist with a time machine, and travels a short period back in time to briefly escape the unknown assailant.

The Last Day of Summer
11-year-old Luke gets his wish that every day could be the last day of summer.

Triangle
A group of friends go on boat trip and become stranded due to a storm. They discover a cruise ship which causes them to experience a series of repeating events.

Repeaters
A group of inmates at a rehabilitation facility are forced to repeat the same day over and over again.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Set in the mystical lands of Persia, a rogue prince and a mysterious princess race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time — a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Source Code
U.S. Army Aviation pilot Captain Colter Stevens repeatedly experiences the last eight minutes of another person's life to identify the bomber in a terrorist attack in order to prevent a second, nuclear attack on Chicago.

12 Dates of Christmas
Kate finds herself reliving Christmas Eve (including a blind date with a man named Miles) over and over again. She must discover how to break the cycle – should she attempt to win back her ex-boyfriend Jack, should she pursue Miles, or something else?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie
Homura Akemi has the ability to travel 30 days back in time, and has done so countless times. Each month, Homura fails in her attempts to save Madoka Kaname from destruction, and is forced to relive the tragedy of losing Madoka.

Mine Games
A group of friends vacationing in the woods discover their own corpses and realize they are trapped in a time loop which they attempt to break.

Haunter
The ghost of a teenager, Lisa Johnson (Abigail Breslin) who, along with her family, keeps reliving the same day (although she is the only one aware of it) tries to protect a young girl, Olivia (Eleanor Zichy) and her family from a dead serial killer, the Pale Man (Stephen McHattie) who can possess the living.

Blood Punch
A trio visits a remote cabin for a one-time criminal endeavor and finds each member independently reliving the same day.

The Infinite Man
After a romantic weekend break with his girlfriend goes awry, a scientist invents time travel in order to create for her the perfect getaway, but inadvertently traps her in a recurring temporal loop.

The Incident
Two stories of groups trapped in infinite time and space loops. One, and endless staircase, another and endless road, both looping back on themselves. While time resets in their surroundings each day, the trapped characters continue to age within the loops.

Premature
Rob, a high school senior, has to re-live losing his virginity over and over again until he gets it right, with the right girl.

Predestination
An agent for the Temporal Agency is sent back in time to prevent unwanted events in the past so their consequences cannot occur in the present, all while chasing an unidentifiable terrorist.

Edge of Tomorrow (also known as Live. Die. Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow)
Maj. William "Bill" Cage (Tom Cruise) and Special Forces soldier Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt) team up to fight a hostile alien race known as Mimics, with Cage continually returning to a repeating battle through a time loop.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Teenager Jake visits the ruins of an orphanage that was destroyed by a bombing raid during World War II and discovers that the original inhabitants are still alive inside a time loop set to repeat the day of September 3, 1943.

Hurok
A young drug dealer betrays his boss and later abandons his girlfriend, but finds himself caught up in a time loop.

Doctor Strange
Stephen Strange traps himself and Dormmamu in a time loop in order to stop him from consuming the Earth.

ARQ
An engineer, whose invention causes time to loop during a home invasion, attempts to save his former lover, while learning who has targeted him and why.

The Endless
Two brothers return to the ‘UFO death cult’ camp where they were raised in this thoughtful indie sci-fi.

Reset
A physicist uses an experimental wormhole machine to travel to parallel universes and back in time by an hour, trying to save her kidnapped son.

Naked
Rob is caught in a time loop as he keeps waking up naked in a hotel elevator on the day of his wedding. This is a remake of the 2000 Swedish film, Naken.

Happy Death Day
A snobby young woman is murdered on her birthday, Monday the 18th. She wakes up the morning of the 18th, alive, facing the same day over and over again, while also getting weaker.

Before I Fall
A popular high school senior finds herself reliving the same day over and over.

A Day
A father attempts to save his daughter whilst stuck in an endless time loop.

The Obituary of Tunde Johnson
A gay African-American teenager repeatedly relives the day of his fatal shooting in an unprovoked police brutality incident.

Happy Death Day 2U
Immediately after the events of the first film, Tree Gelbman (Jessica Rothe) unexpectedly re-enters the time loop and becomes determined to escape it after finding out her friends are now involved.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
After 4 years on NSC I am personally starting to see the same old, same old regurgitating itself.

Have we come to a crossroads in original topic threads?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Liverpool 1/4 with the bookies, so anyone who predicts a Liverpool win is on moderately safe ground...

Goes against everything Potter stands for, but a Hughton 'bus-park' would be the ugly way to get a point. I think if we start flowing forward we'll get caught with our trousers down and our willies out.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Cheers people. Don't feel too bad at all this morning, probably something to do with it happening last night etc, haven't really thought about it a great deal. I think its a night thing, tend to get more worried about things before going to bed an' all that.

He's only done Northern Ireland in the past, and that was 1972 and I wasn't even born, so this is the first time its really happened in my lifetime. **** it, its not all bad...I'm now hoping for a $25,000,000 reward. That'd clear out my debts a right treat.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Its a bit contrived.

Denzil just happened to be passing, references to Delboy even though he's not in it. No doubt Trigger will pop in soon.

and it's not funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here