Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TWO MORE SITES added to the list of alternatives to Falmer

I received a letter from the Planning Inspectorate this morning, about the arrangements for the resumed Public Inquiry.

This revealed that two more sites have been added to the list of alternatives that will be considered at the Inquiry. These are:-

Beeding Cement Works and
Shoreham Airport.

Presumably they have been suggested by Falmer Parish Council.

The Albion will, of course, now have to incur further costs in preparing and presenting detailed assessments of these sites. And it could mean that the Inquiry lasts longer than originally programmed.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I blame perseus.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What the f*** is going on.

I give up, let's just shut up shop and go and support Pompey.

WANKERS.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Thats it. I've had it. I'm going to go over and piss in the pond on my lunch break.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
For f***'s sakes, you'd think people would have better ways to dribble away their lives. Small-minded, puerile bigots.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Cement Works! Bloody hell what are we all supposed to do canoe to the game or something!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh FFS.

I might as well nominate my f***ing back garden and drag the process out for another five years.

I have a sinking feeling the general election is going to come right in the middle of all this, pushing us another six months or so at least. Never mind all the London 2012 stuff I see every day round London, how about Falmer 2012. Wouldn't bet on it being decided before then.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well if the Cements Works get's the go ahead you're all welcome to take a barge up or down the Adur and then pop round mine for tea and a bun afterwards. That should solve the transport link and facilities problems. As for Shoreham/Brighton Airport.....isn't that being redeveloped as a larger business and commercial airport anyway?

Could someone with gangland connections please put a hit out on the people who came up with these ideas?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ITOLD YOU ALL THAT HORTON HAD BEEN SHIT STIRRING AND YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME

So when we want new players or are being asked for money to help the club out...we know who to pass those comments on

II DO NOT BELIEVE THIS

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Andy Horton (Perseus) is a f***ing arsehole. Personally, I'd bill him for the extra money the club has to stump up for this. :salute: :angry:

Still, as they are both outside Brighton & Hove, we can at least be statsfied that, as viable alternatives, they can be swotted away like flies with impunity. :)

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Both of those sites are miles from Brighton so why haven't they been thrown out? I thought Prescott said they had to be in the Brighton and Hove area?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Won't Shoreham Airport be a bit dangerous with all those planes landing - that gets that one out of the way and it didn't cost a penny

(i'm trying to lighten the mood a bit before I break something)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seemly Pende is just within the milage limit...as detailed documents presented by Horton has stated

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The more I think about it the more I despair.

We've gone over this same ground so many times. Perseus is definitely a ****.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
dave the gaffer said:
seemly Pende is just within the milage limit...as detailed documents presented by Horton has stated

There isn't a mileage limit. JP's report said sites must be "within the conurbation of Brighton and Hove".

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shoreham f***ing Airport was NOT I REPEAT NOT regarded as a suitable site by Brighton and Hove Council at the time...hence it was not included in the consultants report originally

THIS IS ALL DOWN TO HORTON:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shoreham Airport is a WORKING AIRPORT and its Terminal is a protected building anyway

Theres daily flights from some cruddy northern French airline into ESH.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here