Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most pointless Subbuteo add on you had?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And two cameramen are right next to each other.

Oh, and that's a shite defensive formation too.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
anyone remember the ball boys as well?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If that is our ground scotty then hats off to you..also, how about hosting the first ever NSC Subbuteo Tournament? perhaps before a game one week? Transport it to a pub etc?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Richie Morris said:
If that is our ground scotty then hats off to you..also, how about hosting the first ever NSC Subbuteo Tournament? perhaps before a game one week? Transport it to a pub etc?

im up for that!

but my ground consists of just 3 stands! im sure if everyone bought what they had we could make a pretty impressive ground!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Scotty M said:
ebaystadium1.jpg

thats my kind of ground!

With Leyton Orient's type of crowd

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and with the camera stand tucked away in the corner!

tv highlights from there will there be pretty crap!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Is that Union Jack wotsit on the right?

gloriously pointless

C114.jpg

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Quality thread!

The pitch was the worst thing by a mile. Used to put it on the dining table, which wasn't actually big enough. So corners were taken from the edge of the penalty area. My teams were always therefore direct and had no width.

Thank the Lord for the foam-type pitch thing that I got for about my 6th birthday.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Pict4325.jpg

I've only got the Queen left, the other VIPs disappeared long ago.

Pict4326.jpg

I think this is the most pointless item ever made. A record of crowd noises of only about 10 minutes either side.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
London
I also had the European Cup. You could fit about half a dozen players inside it!

Can't believe no-ones mentioned the dog eating players. I never had a dog but anyone I know who did always lost players to the dog throughout the game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what about the fa cup?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the old long ball. launch it from end to the other!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Only 2 Kerry Mayos said:
I also had the European Cup. You could fit about half a dozen players inside it!

Can't believe no-ones mentioned the dog eating players. I never had a dog but anyone I know who did always lost players to the dog throughout the game.

As I said on another thread my og (sally RIP) ate the leg off a star wars figure..but cant remember her ever eating a player. Many a ball..but never a play..got one stuck on her foot once.

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
We had a cat who used to watch the games, he used to interact from time to time, not satisfied with remaining on the sidelines he would run onto the pitch, scattering the players and knocking the ball under the settee.

As a kitten he had also developed an unhealthy interest in scalextric, watching the cars going round the circuit for a while, before jumping onto the track and chasing after them. After a time we turned this into a spectator sport and just built an oval track, boy was he quick around those banked corners.

Sadly Charlie George (named after the Arsenal legend) died from Meningitis when aged 9, he had lived life in the fast lane but gave us hours of pleasure from his crazy antics.

(I cannot believe I am posting this drivel)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i remember when games were cut short through floodlight failure!

used to have get a torch out!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Van der Gully said:

Sadly Charlie George (named after the Arsenal legend) died from Meningitis when aged 9, he had lived life in the fast lane but gave us hours of pleasure from his crazy antics.

(I cannot believe I am posting this drivel)

That is quite possibly the most poignantly touching sentance i have ever read on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here