Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wetherspoons

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just seems bizarre that a PLC purely focused on the UK market would take such a hard line on either side of Brexit and alienate half the population. Can see our local Spoons closing, always seems empty these days

Suffice to say this arrived on my doormat yesterday, good use of shareholders money?

View attachment 103992

Someone needs to remind Tim Martin Spoons is a cheap pub selling cheer beer and microwaved food, its not a political organisation

Turns out they've run a load of pieces from various newspapers and magazines without permission as well. Naughty naughty.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...zine-is-being-sent-through-the-post-1-5861134

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I love Wetherspoons. Cheap beer in a converted abbatoir where you are so valued you have to pay before being served is a great way of keeping smelly people out of the better pubs.

Good grief,is the Lamb still open then?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Businesses that are well prepared will doubtless fare better than the ones who can only moan that the end of the world is at hand, would you not agree?

And do you not think that many people drink in Wetherspoons for that very reasons whilst we are still in the EU?

People drink in spoons for the same reason they voted Leave. They’re uneducated morons.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just seems bizarre that a PLC purely focused on the UK market would take such a hard line on either side of Brexit and alienate half the population. Can see our local Spoons closing, always seems empty these days

Suffice to say this arrived on my doormat yesterday, good use of shareholders money?

View attachment 103992

Someone needs to remind Tim Martin Spoons is a cheap pub selling cheer beer and microwaved food, its not a political organisation

Simply this.
Looks like it is a nationwide drop. I'm not anti Wetherspoons, but I don't like the idea that such a large company can try and influence us. What next, Aldi / Lidl doing the same thing but saying they will only sell European items?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
People drink in spoons for the same reason they voted Leave. They’re uneducated morons.

There's fundamentally nothing wrong with the Wetherspoons offering:

• an unrivalled (by any other chain) selection of beers and other drinks, at lower prices than most other pubs;
  • a cheap and passable food offering with a fairly wide menu; and
  • relatively comfortable and quiet (no music!) surroundings to enjoy one's food and drink.

What really makes Wetherspoons truly special is the people.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Businesses that are well prepared will doubtless fare better than the ones who can only moan that the end of the world is at hand, would you not agree?

And do you not think that many people drink in Wetherspoons for that very reasons whilst we are still in the EU?

Preparing... you mean moving their operations out of the country?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I quite like the one at West Quay in the Marina, but I have been boycotting it for over twelve months because of Brexit. I refuse to give that man a single penny.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
And they ban people for no reason :

https://www.worthingherald.co.uk/ne...-three-fishes-pub-wants-to-know-why-1-8764765

the article contains such gems as "he went to the Chapel Road pub... and had a pint of his favourite ale, Ruddles County, at around 10.30am"
and
"The unemployed man, who is on income support, said his ban was also putting a strain on his purse strings."

This story ended up on the 'Angry People in Local Newspapers' site. It didn't go well for Kevin. The Herald, realising they were on to a viral clickbait story, done a follow up & gave Kevin the right to reply. He dug himself deeper.

According to Kevin, he's also well known on the Worthing Karaoke circuit too. He should have used the 'don't you know who I am' line.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From the quality of analysis displayed in this post, am I right in assuming you’re a regular?

Ah, the ‘ol “I know you are, you said you” are counter. Genius.

No, I have been in them and occasionally use them for breakfast if choice is limited. What I meant was Wetherspoons are sordid little grief holes and I imagine a lot of Brexit loons drink in them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I quite like the one at West Quay in the Marina, but I have been boycotting it for over twelve months because of Brexit. I refuse to give that man a single penny.

Some of them are perfectly acceptable aestheticicaly (before they open for the day and fill up with unemployed alcoholics) but as you say he’s a scumbag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here