Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Post Brexit Fish

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Since most of the fish we catch are exported to the EU and favourites such as Cod and Haddock are mostly imported, your local fish monger is going to have to creative in no seal sea-nario.

So what will be your new post Brexit fish when we are batter off out ?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Kelp or dulse (vegan option)

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I’ll be FLOUNDERing with no PLAICE to go because I’ve been done up like a KIPPER by those brexiteer BASSturds...

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Bird Eye Fish Finger Sandwich

It's funny how some things that are considered quintessentially British by the British people actually aren't at all........Your fish finger sandwich is gonna get a helluva more expensive (along with EVERYTHING else.)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/21/brexit-shrinkflation-ons-pack-sizes

"Birds Eye cut the number of fish fingers in a packet from 12 to 10, saying at the time: “The cost of many of our raw materials have risen since the EU referendum."”

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There will be absolutely problem with fish stocks post Brexit. Once the greedy foreigners from the EU are banned from British waters we will be able to exploit the huge shoals of fish just like we used to.

Expect booming catches and a commensurate collapse in price in the Home Market as Cod and chips sells for 2 Shillings and Sixpence again!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's funny how some things that are considered quintessentially British by the British people actually aren't at all........Your fish finger sandwich is gonna get a helluva more expensive (along with EVERYTHING else.)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/21/brexit-shrinkflation-ons-pack-sizes

"Birds Eye cut the number of fish fingers in a packet from 12 to 10, saying at the time: “The cost of many of our raw materials have risen since the EU referendum."”

Oh well I’ll settle for Tesco’s own then [emoji106]

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
There will be absolutely problem with fish stocks post Brexit. Once the greedy foreigners from the EU are banned from British waters we will be able to exploit the huge shoals of fish just like we used to.

Expect booming catches and a commensurate collapse in price in the Home Market as Cod and chips sells for 2 Shillings and Sixpence again!

Yes, and we'll be able to buy 10 Woodbines for two bob, and watch Ena Sharples and Albert Tatlock get drunk again.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

There is something fishy about.............................too easy.....................never mind.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So looking forward to it, a two Bob fish supper, kids with rickets, and being able to leave my front door unlocked all day.
Marvellous.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
After Brexit most of us will be collecting and eating our own earwax,on occasion the odd treat of finding some headlice on our partners will be most welcome.
Mr Verhofstadt said so..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You've lost me there.

An eel is long and thin and therefore when laid out it would fit onto a French stick sliced in half. But given we want nothing to do with Europe post Brexit the French stick is being renamed the British stick

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Emmanuel Mullet and Angela Mackerel for me.....as fishy as it gets. New Franco-German agreement. Deeper political, economic and military integration. Joint military deployment overseas. Joint places at the UN Security Council. Well what a love-in. Two embattled leaders, deeply unpopular at home, strengthening the ties between the two of them. It warms the cockles of your heart.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
carry on importing cod?

sorry theres no pun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here