Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away Fans after the game

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Leading on from the thread with the Burnley fans looking where to go before and after the match, some good (and bad!) tips there.

Got me thinking about away fans in our concourses after games.

Have you met many?

I've met a couple of mates who support other teams, but they are locals anyway.
Thinking back to the after match conga with Norwich fans a few years ago (anyone able to add the clip?).

It's what football should be about, a few beers, fun and some banter.

I know there will be idiots from some teams that will always spoil it, but generally most football fans enjoy a chat and a p**s take, don't they?

What do others think????

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I had a really interesting meeting with an Everton fan l bumped into in the Coach Park after our game earlier in the season. He seemed a really amiable chap, clapped me on the back a few times, and inisted on shaking hands afterwards . . . the only problem was, I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am happy to chat with supporters of other clubs.

Not sure I want a load of teenagers from up north in tight trousers lurching about our concourse and singing unintelligible northern pit poems, though. So its a 'no' from me.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Away fans come onto the north stand concourse, which tends to stay open longer. There aren't many and those that do have a drink and a chat like most fans do.
I've never seen any problems.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Our very own Edna throwing some wicked shapes
Managing not to spill her pint by the looks of things, effort!

Also hats off to the bloke in the second vid who is joining in the conga despite holding TWO nearly full pints.

Put a smile on my face those clips. Quality.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Few years ago, nice sunny afternoon, outside the Queens Head chatting to some Blackpool "shirters", when some idiot comes over & punches one right in the face, doing some nasty damage to his nose. Totally unprovoked. I had a few words with the offender who ran off, but his older mate wearing a burberry baseball cap told me that away fans were fair game. I believe the older guy put his little friend up to it. After asking a few fella's I know who this clown was (baseball hat man), it turned out he was a serving prison officer! I used to see him in the WSL during that season, but haven't seen him for years. Absolute coward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here