Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team loses 2-1 away from home and you go on the lash like you’ve won. Thoughts?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've always taken that as a reason to go to the pub and get sloshed to be honest.....

But our players are ROBOTS who are programmed to do whatever the supporters want them to do.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not saying any of our players did this ! But I’m of the mentally that if you lose you don’t go in to town and get leathered until 4am.
Lose- Stay in that night
Draw- drink down the local or a quiet restaurant
Win- Go on the piss

As they had an intense schedule over Xmas and NY, why the hell not with 10 days to go to the next PL game. They are footballers, not priests. It's ok to let your hair down at the right time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But our players are ROBOTS who are programmed to do whatever the supporters want them to do.

One argument that always rubs me up the wrong way, is one I had the other day with a fellow Albion fan.

I suggested the players put in a lethargic performance in a recent game (can't remember which) as they seemed a bit tired.

His response?

"Tired?! They're paid £60,000 a bloody week, how can they be tired?"

I have to admit I hadn't realised that once you receive over a certain amount of funds you cease to be a regular human being and become an automaton with a bottomless well of energy to draw from. Also, at the top level - where modern footballers are finely tuned, top athletes - the slightest lack of energy will make a big difference.

It's the same line of thinking that will argue that if you earn over a certain amount it is also impossible to ever be unhappy, have any marriage problems, or ever be depressed.

Last edited:

el punal

Not saying any of our players did this ! But I’m of the mentally that if you lose you don’t go in to town and get leathered until 4am.
Lose- Stay in that night
Win- Go on the piss

Which group of the mentally do you belong - unstable, positive, negative, imaginative . . .? :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Its unclear from the post whether the OP is asking whether PLAYERS or FANS should be allowed to enjoy a drink if they've lost.

Given the poster's history as a perma-negative spiteful troll, I guess he's making a snide accusation against our players without having the gonads to actually say what he thinks he knows.

Best ignored.

I have a feeling the players might have been in on Sunday training. Can't see it having happened if they were

If they weren't in the following day and they had the day off then, If they want to get out and get absolutely blootered, it is none of our business.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lose- Stay in that night
Win- Go on the piss

I always go out on the lash like I’ve won!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The OP should read Peter Crouch's excellent book "How to be a Footballer". Not only is it very funny but he also talks about how much adrenaline players still have after a game, even if they've played for only 10 minutes. He reckons it's impossible to sleep properly after an evening game and difficult if you've been in a high profile afternoon one. Like, say, in front of 70000 people at Old Trafford. Plus, if the OP read that for a while it would keep him off here, the tedious troll. That said...

I always go out on the lash like I’ve won!

This with bells on. There's no other way is there?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The OP should read Peter Crouch's excellent book "How to be a Footballer". Not only is it very funny but he also talks about how much adrenaline players still have after a game, even if they've played for only 10 minutes. He reckons it's impossible to sleep properly after an evening game and difficult if you've been in a high profile afternoon one. Like, say, in front of 70000 people at Old Trafford. Plus, if the OP read that for a while it would keep him off here, the tedious troll. That said...

Oh yes....on the ball on every part of that post

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They can go to the pub, it’s just that it indicates they are not as committed and focused as some other elite athletes. That’s fine with me, just hope it’s occasionally and not excessive

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The OP should read Peter Crouch's excellent book "How to be a Footballer". Not only is it very funny but he also talks about how much adrenaline players still have after a game, even if they've played for only 10 minutes. He reckons it's impossible to sleep properly after an evening game and difficult if you've been in a high profile afternoon one. Like, say, in front of 70000 people at Old Trafford. Plus, if the OP read that for a while it would keep him off here, the tedious troll.

You're assuming the OP knows what a book is.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

Lol. I’ve read the book and he states he would never go out on the lash after losing a game !! When he was younger he did, at least tell the truth in your post.

Ok, so if we lost at home to West Brom on Saturday and you see some of the players pissed up in town you’d just shrug it off ? If any of you had some balls you’d go and speak to them about it, but all you’d end up doing is getting a selfie :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was a similar thread end of last year when players were spotted in a northern town having a bit of a christmas do. after a match. Next match was 10 days or so away, prob only tome for drinks before christmas and some on here thought they should be sacked, and how disgraceful it was that they could go for a few drinks, but not turn up to a seagulls kids partythe next day that it had been explicitly publicised that they wouldn't be at. Why some people think that the players and staff should be denied a life is beyond me.

Indeed. And the OP has in the past started a thread entitled something like 'don't you sometimes want to punch someone really hard in the face (for no reason)?'. He's a feckkin idiot, on my ignore list, and will probably be booted off NSC when he annoys one of the mods again. The sooner the better. ****.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Are you counting 'Georgie' in on that mate???

He may have GOD like status in my eyes but football has changed, his regime would not have lasted ten minutes in today's game. He also may have lived his short life to the full but excess was also the sad demise of an iconic footballer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Call me an old fuddy duddy but I think the players should refrain from excess alcohol consumption throughout the season.

You are an old fuddy Duddy

Thanks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here