Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tony's Brussels Club

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Apologies if this has been asked before, but has anyone been to see a match there? If so, any recommendations on food, accommodation and the match experience. Perhaps more importantly, how is our young loanee?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I went but sadly it was the week the Belgium League was suspended due to match fixing. At least the beer and mussels were good.

Brussels is a great city and Eurostar was easy.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
I went but sadly it was the week the Belgium League was suspended due to match fixing. At least the beer and mussels were good.

Brussels is a great city and Eurostar was easy.

Been to Brussells twice and found it a very dirty city with nothing particularly special about it, half an hour up the road though, Bruge is absolutely beautiful. My personal recommendation to anyone staying in brussells would be to get on the train and go to Bruge instead.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Been to Brussells twice and found it a very dirty city with nothing particularly special about it, half an hour up the road though, Bruge is absolutely beautiful. My personal recommendation to anyone staying in brussells would be to get on the train and go to Bruge instead.

Brussels sounds like Brighton.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Brussels sounds like Brighton.

...but "half an hour up the road" gives you a choice of Worthing, Crawley or Seaford... ???

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Bruges is about an hour away from Brussels. However, half an hour away you have Ghent, which in my opinion is far better than Bruges.

Was just about to post exactly this! Ghent is nicer than Bruges and has the added bonus of not being full of coach parties of Chinese & American tourists.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Oh well, we had a fantastic time and really enjoyed it. Did get the train out to Ghent which is a lovely as Bruges.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. Its shame Brighton is covered with Graffiti as underneath it is a great place.

Been to Rome recently and the graffiti there is absolutely everywhere. Can appreciate street art but just can’t get my head round pointless graffiti.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was just about to post exactly this! Ghent is nicer than Bruges and has the added bonus of not being full of coach parties of Chinese & American tourists.

And it has the wonderful....

Attachments

• BDD4E3C4-59E6-470D-96F1-DF7C85ED33FD.jpeg
    BDD4E3C4-59E6-470D-96F1-DF7C85ED33FD.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 121

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston

Sounds like I shall have to give Ghent a go then, I loved Bruges so if two people say Ghent is better it sounds good to me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here