Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Looks like Brexit Winter is coming.... what are you going to Stockpile ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I might buy myself a few extra packets of pasta and rice, it lasts ages

D

Deleted member 2719

No point in stock piling, I was the original Stig of the dump.

Looking forward to it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Left Wing Snowflakes. Worst case scenario we can use them as food and fuel.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Probably not a bad idea to stockpile a bit of stuff - tins mostly. One of the supermarket chefs was saying on TV the other day that prices would go up if we left the EU. No shit Sherlock! Of course they will - you will put them up! It's an opportunity that's too good for you (and all the other supermarkets) to indulge in a nice price hike to boost your profits, whilst claiming to a gullible public that it's not your fault that prices on your shelves have shot up.

I'll probably stock up too on 'Condolences' and 'Deepest Sympathy' cards to hand out to anybody with a long face moaning about Brexit.

It is quite a competitive market, no supermarket will be putting prices up if they don't have to, except maybe the convenience ones as your fuel might be rationed so walking to the shops might become a bit more common.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
With a probable No Deal Brexit becoming ever more likely, in true plucky British fashion I will panic and stockpile. I'm going to get an extra large jar of Marmite in and maybe an extra 10kg of Bread flour in, I bake my own bread and grow lots of my own fruit and veg so hopefully that will tide me over....What's your top Panic Buy going to be ?

Following you in with Marmite en masse. Without even encouraging her, the missus seems to have already hit the Chopped Toms and Baked Beans panic button.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I am a carnivor and meat is meat so no need to stockpile, just perform a public service by eating all the dead bodies littering the streets

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Having seen at first hand, the Great British consumer clearing the shelves of Bread, Milk and frozen foods at the first sight of a one week Cold Snap, they think they are being " plucky" in making sure they are all right at the expense of everyone else. Just remember this when The Meteorite lands, those with a well stocked larder a much more likely to pass on their genes :thumbsup:

I’ve stockpiled my genes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Petrol, I now have 97 gallons stored in a variety of receptacles around my house. My bath holds 30 gallons, which was a surprise.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
I'm going to stockpile adjustable beds which I can later sell to the NHS, at inflated prices, to equip all the new Hospitals we are going to build.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£35 of tinned food, rice and pasta added to the stockpile tonight.

Need to get much more on Saturday, and start jerry-canning up soon.

This is for *no deal*. If we get a deal - it all goes to charity.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Reports suggest the UK is Europe's biggest importer of bog paper. Not to worry - the UK is defaulting back to 1973.

View attachment 103979

My auntie used to have newspaper cut into 5in squares with a nail and string through the middle. This was about 1970 and I can’t remember what paper it was...... it bugs me now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good point but, panic buying will encompass many home produced products in the short term. I once went to my local Morrisons after work on the day it was announced there would be a cold spell for a couple of weeks, nothing major, just frosts and a Northerly, the frozen vegetable section was stripped bare apart from a bag of leaking Birds Eye Peas and about 10 packs of frozen Onion Rings.
Well you know who does the stock ordering. You should have said something.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway, ordered my water purification tablets today.

Stockpiling going well, but a bit behind with fuel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here