Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Looks like Brexit Winter is coming.... what are you going to Stockpile ?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Garlic and ginger paste, coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder, scotch bonnets, birds eye chillies, jeera, coriander powder, coriander and jeera seeds, garam masala, coconut milk, chicken thighs, potatoes, basmati rice.

That should do it.

This man KNOWS

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've been tracking what I eat and where it comes from. Hardly any is from the EU, so I'm not too bothered. But for the fun of this thread I will be buying as many cheese balls and cheese footballs as I can lay my hands on, so just a normal shop then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it's stuff from abroad that needs to be stockpiled.

I'm getting loads of lentils and rice in, that should keep me going.

And coffee, plenty of coffee.

I'm not a Bean Head myself but I could see there being some very tense times ahead if for some reason Coffee becomes in short supply.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bp pills
Warfarin
Statins
Apfel strudel
Aperol
French Brie
Croissants
Goulash Zuppa
Schwietz salat.
MOussaka
Spanish lager ( actually no, we are looking to buy a property outside Malaga so we will get lots of that)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've been tracking what I eat and where it comes from. Hardly any is from the EU, so I'm not too bothered. But for the fun of this thread I will be buying as many cheese balls and cheese footballs as I can lay my hands on, so just a normal shop then.

Good point but, panic buying will encompass many home produced products in the short term. I once went to my local Morrisons after work on the day it was announced there would be a cold spell for a couple of weeks, nothing major, just frosts and a Northerly, the frozen vegetable section was stripped bare apart from a bag of leaking Birds Eye Peas and about 10 packs of frozen Onion Rings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Garlic and ginger paste, coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder, scotch bonnets, birds eye chillies, jeera, coriander powder, coriander and jeera seeds, garam masala, coconut milk, chicken thighs, potatoes, basmati rice.

That should do it.

Worried about getting access to French and German produce? ???

Oh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably not a bad idea to stockpile a bit of stuff - tins mostly. One of the supermarket chefs was saying on TV the other day that prices would go up if we left the EU. No shit Sherlock! Of course they will - you will put them up! It's an opportunity that's too good for you (and all the other supermarkets) to indulge in a nice price hike to boost your profits, whilst claiming to a gullible public that it's not your fault that prices on your shelves have shot up.

I'll probably stock up too on 'Condolences' and 'Deepest Sympathy' cards to hand out to anybody with a long face moaning about Brexit.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What will Stockdale Stockpile...?

He did have a massive stockpile - but he's eaten the lot. :lolol:

stockers.jpg

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Probably not a bad idea to stockpile a bit of stuff - tins mostly. One of the supermarket chefs was saying on TV the other day that prices would go up if we left the EU. No shit Sherlock! Of course they will - you will put them up! It's an opportunity that's too good for you (and all the other supermarkets) to indulge in a nice price hike to boost your profits, whilst claiming to a gullible public that it's not your fault that prices on your shelves have shot up.

Elementary economics. Demand and SUPPLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nothing. I'm going on hunger strike on protest.

Down with this sort of thing!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
They won't be able to justify increasing the price of most British products though surely?

I am old enough to remember going into the Common Market and Decimalisation both were great opertunites for price hikes I am sure this will be just another opportunity to do the same!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here