Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester Utd v Brighton And Hove Albion FA YOUTH CUP 4th Round Tonight 7pm

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Manchester Utd have graciously let us play them again tonight , this time in the 4th round of the FA Youth cup , i have to admit i know very little about the U18 squad having seen them just a couple of times , hopefully there will be some sort of coverage via the Utd site as they're pretty good at showing their development squads via a number of media outlets , if you happen to have Sky sports you will at some point be able to watch the whole game as MUTV which is part of the package either show their games live or repeat them a couple of days later , it's a big test for our youngsters as Utd beat cup holders and pretty a darn good Chelsea U18s in the 3rd round here's our match preview for the game .

Brighton & Hove Albion under-18 coach Mark Beard is encouraging his side to express themselves on the pitch in tonight’s FA Youth Cup fourth round tie against Manchester United.

Albion face a United side in a 7pm kick-off at Leigh Sports Village, and Beard wants his players to rise to the occasion against a side that knocked out holders Chelsea in round three.

He said, “It’s a fantastic cup tie for us, they beat Chelsea 4-3 in the last round, which no-one expected. Chelsea had been unbeaten for a long time, so for United to beat them was a great result.

“We’ve watched them play and both Mason Greenwood and Haydon Roberts play together for England.

“He’s [Greenwood] a special talent, but it’s not just about him and they’ve got other good players too.

“It’s one of those games where the players will go there with no fear against one of the best teams in the world and go and enjoy themselves. The FA Youth Cup is a great competition for them to be in and hopefully we can go there and cause an upset.”

Beard will be aiming for another FA Youth cup upset against United after beating part of the Millwall side that defeated them in 1991, and says he will use this experience to motivate his squad in tonight’s match.

“I’ve played Man United in the FA Youth Cup myself beating them 2-1 playing for Millwall. That was the team with [David] Beckham, [Nicky] Butt, the two [Gary and Phil] Nevilles and no one gave us a chance. We beat them 2-1.

“We knew about Beckham, Scholes and the Neville brothers. We set up a particular way and were in their faces. They went 1-0 up, but took their foot off the gas and we came back to win 2-1.

“As coaches we have to draw upon the experiences we’ve had in the past because these lads wouldn’t have had that yet. We’ve got to try and help them getting a result. If we get to the fifth round, you never know what could happen.”

The Seagulls secured their place in round four with a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over West Ham United in round three, and Beard explained that memories like those will last a lifetime.

“The boys will never forget the West Ham game. After having a bad first half and possibly being four or five down, they showed the character to get back into it.

“They showed a lot of mettle by going through extra time and penalties. It would be great to have those feelings in the dressing room again. To win away at Man United would be something they’ll never forget.”

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Jolly good.

Stuck in hospital for a while so these extra games are great for breaking the monotony. The U23s g Liverpool last week was a nice distraction s here's hoping for some live coverage tonight (and a win).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope the game is on tv somewhere.Their Mason Greenwood is a bit special.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
sky.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
MUTV is available on hesgoal, Mobdro, redboxtv if you use any of those.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you have the Sky sports package then you get Liverpool / Man Utd/and Chelsea TV thrown in , well i do so i presume that's a universal thing as i didn't exactly ask for it tbh , as it happens yesterdays entire game v Utd has just finished and will be shown again at 4pm .
90% sure I don't but I'll check. Could be some weird workaround they did to get whatever discount you negotiated. Think they had to take F1 off even though I still got it once for me.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I never knew I had it until now either ! Just watched Saturdays game and their commentators went from easy easy to squeaky squeaky in the last 20 minutes, a opportunity to grab a point must be the players feeling I should think after seeing the whole game , still a pretty good performance without any reward again , it will be extremely tough for the youngsters tonight and looking forward to watching the game .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I never knew I had it until now either ! Just watched Saturdays game and their commentators went from easy easy to squeaky squeaky in the last 20 minutes, a opportunity to grab a point must be the players feeling I should think after seeing the whole game , still a pretty good performance without any reward again , it will be extremely tough for the youngsters tonight and looking forward to watching the game .

Something else for you to watch after say yes to the dress :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Team news: recent signings for the Albion U-18s, central defender Luca Cocoracchio and goalkeeper Carl Rushworth, miss the fixture due to being cup-tied in this season's competition (Luca having already played for Worthing and Carl for FC Halifax Town).

Julien Carre has to serve a four-match suspension having been sent-off for the second time this season last weekend, but I don't know if the ban commences with tonight's fixture? :shrug:

Ben Clark-Eden misses out through injury. Jayden Onen left the club in the autumn and signed a three-year deal with Brentford.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you have the Sky sports package then you get Liverpool / Man Utd/and Chelsea TV thrown in , well i do so i presume that's a universal thing as i didn't exactly ask for it tbh , as it happens yesterdays entire game v Utd has just finished and will be shown again at 4pm .

What package have you got? I've just got the standard Premium (i.e. Sports and Movies). For me they're there and I can navigate to them - but I need an additional subscription to activate them. (My sports channels are the ones listed by Mr Swiveller in post #8).

Not that I'd be remotely interested normally of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here