Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester Utd v Brighton And Hove Albion FA YOUTH CUP 4th Round Tonight 7pm

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
u18 v spurs 1-4

ALBION: Rushworth (GK); Tamimows, Lopata, Cocoracchib (Weaire 73), Tutt (Packham 64); Wilson (Leonard 64), Carre, Spong, Vukoje; Cashman, Tolaj.

u18 v Man U 3-1

ALBION: Rees; Packham (Tutt 81), Lopata, Roberts, Tanimowo; Jenks, Spong; Gwargis, Vukoje (Leonard 67), Longman; Cashman (Wilson 87).

SUBS NOT USED: Bentley (GK), Tolaj.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can A Z Gull let us know how many Sussex born players in squad last night

Four of the sixteen were actually born in Sussex (with the caveat that I don't know where Haydon Roberts was born).

Of the other twelve, four were born in either Surrey or Kent and each has been in the academy for at least six seasons.

Then we had a Londoner, a lad from Bedfordshire, a Pole, a Swede, a Scot and lads from Switzerland and Northern Ireland.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It seems the established PL clubs look upon the development team matches being streamed as part of their PR and marketing. Using the sharing of these matches to generate interest and keep fans happy. Sadly it seems the Albion see them as a venue stream and hope to make money from it. As the cost to profit ratio isn't high enough for them so providing a stream isn't worth doing for the club. Which is a pity.

I don't really know the reason as nobody from the club has ever really said why other than some spiel about timings of other games being on at the same time , since then that has been proved as absolute hogwash considering either every other club are blatantly breaking the rules or those rules simply don't exist , granted Manchester Utd have their own very successful TV channel so i guess it's up to them what they show whenever they like but we all know it isn't just Man Utd that provide decent highlights / live games of their U23/18s squads , the hush hush approach the club seem to have about coverage of the games is frankly baffling , i didn't even realise this game was even on until i saw the thread , the Academy have pretty much improved on the same level as the first team which is a fantastic achievement in it's own right and i'm sure more people would be interested in the youngsters if the club themselves actually promoted them a bit more , i'm not sure my views on this can be considered a actual moan up as it just seems a obvious thing for the club to do but as you say , i guess the overriding factor will be a financial one .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't really know the reason as nobody from the club has ever really said why other than some spiel about timings of other games being on at the same time.

Totally agree with the sentiment of your post. Pretty sure Paul Barber has said at some event last year the reason is it wasn't economically viable or some such wording. Which means they consider running it at a loss not worth their while. Which is a pity given the cost is peanuts compared to the budget of the club and the potential PR value of it

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Four of the sixteen were actually born in Sussex (with the caveat that I don't know where Haydon Roberts was born).

Of the other twelve, four were born in either Surrey or Kent and each has been in the academy for at least six seasons.

Then we had a Londoner, a lad from Bedfordshire, a Pole, a Swede, a Scot and lads from Switzerland and Northern Ireland.

Haydon Roberts attended Hove Park school throughout teenage years

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Date for the 5th round tie, against Everton at Goodison Park, confirmed as Tuesday February 12th with a 7pm kick-off.

I was there 19 years ago when Peter Clarke scored the only goal (a penalty) in the 4th round - Penalty ends Albion's Youth Cup run

That lad didn't do too bad for himself, did he? Still playing (for Oldham) with over 750 first team appearances for various clubs.

Date for the 5th round tie, against Everton at Goodison Park, confirmed as Tuesday February 12th with a 7pm kick-off.
Are you sure it's at Goodison? It's only the last 16, so I'm rather surprised at that.

That would be a Swiss and an Ulsterman (or Ulsterboy:))

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haydon Roberts. Hove Park school's U15 got to a national cup final couple years back.

Good man.

Was he CAPTAIN, and TOP SCORER for the Hove Park sixth form side though? Eh? Well?

You'd have to be pretty special to have THAT feather in your cap :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here