Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo to Besiktas

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The article says there is an agreement between club and player but not with us.

That's right.... which iw as surprised about. According to my brother in law he came out to Turkey to discuss.

it makes absolutely no sense so almost certainly bollocks. However in the UK you see a site and you think immediately its rubbish. But the Turkish press pick these crap reports about Turkish teams and print them everywhere as the real thing. Besiktas have bought the whole Argentinian team (even Messi has been mentioned once!!!) twice over in the last three years according to some of the best sports papers here. Its hard to tell truth from fiction... who would have thought Ribery would ever come here!?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll drive him there for petrol money.

(It's not cold in Besiktas atm, is it? )

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'll drive him there for petrol money.

(It's not cold in Besiktas atm, is it? )

Going there in the morning... five minute drive from the stadium.... 12 degrees and wet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It wouldn't surprise me to be honest, but I think it would be a shame.

When he did come back he looked a shadow of the player last season....

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Permanent transfer? Not a chance. Besiktas don't have the approx £20m or enough to cover his current wages. Turkish sides can't afford to sign premier first team players

Loan? Not impossible if we covered some of the wages, but the only way it would be in our interest is if Izquierdo is seriously unhappy with something. It's not like he's been dropped. The mood music coming out seems ok. I doubt it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He came off injured against Palace on 4th December, so he's been injured more out of the window than in.

A loan would be mental as well. He's our best winger and a match winner when fully fit and firing, and his pace makes him quite useful tracking back and defending any quick counters as well.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I actually spoke with him on Friday night as he was taking selfies at the top of my road. Said the injury was coming on well and would be back soon.

Edit - was Thursday.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actually spoke with him on Friday night as he was taking selfies at the top of my road. Said the injury was coming on well and would be back soon.

Edit - was Thursday.

Do you live in Turkey?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Suspect this thread falls into the 'load of old bollocks' category....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well he was definitely in Hove Thursday, and seems to be home now based on Instagram, so he hasn't been there this weekend.

that's all i need to know :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here